Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Using an External Controller and record/broadcast functionality

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I have a number of questions if anyone can help on the use of an External Controller and how it interfaces/records/broadcasts together with VDJ8, if anyone can help I'd be very happy!

I have Virtual DJ8 - 2021 (VDJ8) loaded onto a MacPro laptop version El Capitan 10.11.6 with a 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5 processor

I have VDJ8 configured as 6 decks. On deck 6 I use the Line In for a Shure XLR mic connected via a Rode PodcasterPro mixer USB 2.0 connection. This works very well. I want to keep the mic configured this way as its a good XLR studio mic.

I am very interested to purchase an external HW DJ controller (Numark Mixtrack Platinum). The connection between the Mixtrack and VDJ8 will be via the USB 2.0 and I configure it as indicated to take control of the VDJ8 SW, that I think I am OK with.

I have some questions regarding configuration and set up that you might be able to help me with:
1) Will the XLR Shure mic input on Deck 6 still work with the External Numark Mixtrack HW connected? Or will VDJ8 reconfigure itself to only see Mixtrack and Decks 1 to 4?
2) How do I record in VDJ8 or broadcast from VDJ8 with the External Numark Mixtrack HW connected and in use?
2a) Can I set the External Numark Mixtrack HW as an input to the VDJ8 SW (via the USB input signal) also (as well as using it as an output from the VDJ8 SW .... the USB output signal)?
2b) If not as 3 above can I use the Mixtrack RGB Master output via an external sound card and loop it back into the VDJ8 SW via USB as an input for recording and broadcasting? If so how do I configure that?
2c) With 2a and 2b above will the XLR Shure mic input on Deck 6 still be a part of the recording?

If the External Numark MixTrack Platinum is not the right model to achieve what I am looking for is there another model/configuration that might help me that you know of/use?

Mensajes Thu 27 Aug 20 @ 11:45 am
1) Yes, can still use 6-decks, and yes, can use the Mic on this deck

2) Mixtrack is just a standard controller (a bit like a mouse and keyboard, but better). It doesnt change how you record and broadcast. You will do this same way.
More advanced high end club mixer will require some re-routing and loopback, but standard controllers will just broadcast VirtualDJ internal sound directly (as you did before)

a) The Mixtrack will control the software (input), and you can use it as "output" for sound to connect your speakers ("default sounds setup with this connected").
But you can of course route the master output anywhere else (other soundcard), should you just want to use the controller to control the software as "input only".

As for b) and c) You do not have to do anything advanced with external loopback to broadcast the mic on deck 6. It will be recorded since this particular controller is not a "real" external mixer, its more just a controller (much like joysticks, keyboard etc) that control the software only, with a little usb sound card inside for speakers and headphone output. Its more "basic" than it might appear as. And very easy to use ;-) The sound out of the master of the controller is from VirtualDJ interal mixer, and not in hardware on the controller so to speak, so you can record and broadcast directly from the software as before (inc. your mic)

This is true for most all entry-level to mid-level controllers.
More high end DJ gear you might have to add a record loopback, and its fairly easy to do so usually.
(the mic on deck 6 should still be doable, but routed through one of the available decks if so. But such high end gear you'd probably just connect the mic to the mixer instead)

Mensajes Thu 27 Aug 20 @ 12:15 pm
Hi Rune
Excellent, thank you very much for your quick and detailed response, very much appreciated.
Mark

Mensajes Thu 27 Aug 20 @ 1:51 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)