Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Can no longer re-order samples in sample bank.

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

I used to be able to drag my samples to the order I want them to appear on my pads but I can no longer do this in the latest release. Is this a bug or a permanent change?

Mensajes Wed 09 Sep 20 @ 5:49 pm
gabrieldiggs wrote :
I used to be able to drag my samples to the order I want them to appear on my pads but I can no longer do this in the latest release. Is this a bug or a permanent change?

Works here..
Maybe a zipped downloaded bank? They are "locked".
Can unzip to make own edits.

Mensajes Wed 09 Sep 20 @ 7:24 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
gabrieldiggs wrote :

Works here..
Maybe a zipped downloaded bank? They are "locked".
Can unzip to make own edits.

I haven't changed anything and I've never dealt with zipped banks. All of my samples are free floating in a folder. When I drag them the order changes in the browser list but no longer changes in the actual buttons. I switched to the default skin to make sure it wasn't my aging skin that was the issue. Same problem. The order remains locked.

Mensajes Thu 10 Sep 20 @ 6:09 am
It works fine here too, on the very latest new build.

Perhaps give more detail on exactly what you're doing - where, when, how, why etc. or it would help to make a video, so we can see what you're doing.

Mensajes Thu 10 Sep 20 @ 8:04 am
groovindj wrote :
It works fine here too, on the very latest new build.

Perhaps give more detail on exactly what you're doing - where, when, how, why etc. or it would help to make a video, so we can see what you're doing.

Please watch this video.

https://www.gabrieldiggs.com/reorder.mov

When I drag and drop the clips they should be changing position in the buttons above but they do not. No matter what I do (short of delete the clip) the order does not change.

Mensajes Thu 10 Sep 20 @ 8:40 pm
Oh, it's your custom skin again. We were referring to the sample pads in the sideview. They also change in the pad view under the decks in the default skin.

It must be the way you've coded those buttons on your skin. You're not using the standard pad page code.

Mensajes Thu 10 Sep 20 @ 8:46 pm
groovindj wrote :
Oh, it's your custom skin again. We were referring to the sample pads in the sideview. They also change in the pad view under the decks in the default skin.

It must be the way you've coded those buttons on your skin. You're not using the standard pad page code.

The same thing happens (No pad changes) when I switch to the default VDJ Skin

Mensajes Fri 11 Sep 20 @ 2:10 pm
It changes for me and for Rune, so there's something about your setup that's non standard.

Mensajes Fri 11 Sep 20 @ 2:12 pm
gabrieldiggs wrote :

The same thing happens (No pad changes) when I switch to the default VDJ Skin

They change in the default skin I guess.. at the performance pads.
So the question is your custom skin. How did you code the "Power 106" buttons? what action is it at each.

Also, look in sideview (in your custom skin), at the Sampler there. Can you even open "Power 106" in the sampler?
And if so, do they re-arrange in the sideview?

And I dont understand the strange icons you have.. Are they sampler banks, or just folders with samples in them?
At first glance they look like just folders. Since the banks on top ("audio", "famous" etc) have a different icon

Mensajes Fri 11 Sep 20 @ 2:20 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could check the xml of your sample bank. If the samples are located at a specific x, y location they will not change order by moving them in the list view, and you should drag them from browser to sideview sampler again

Mensajes Fri 11 Sep 20 @ 2:46 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :

... Also, look in sideview (in your custom skin), at the Sampler there. Can you even open "Power 106" in the sampler?
And if so, do they re-arrange in the sideview?

That was it! If I drag them in the Sampler list in the sideview panel they change position! Thanks so much! BTW those are sampler banks with the snare drum logo. This skin originally used those icons for banks. I create all my banks using the right click drop down context menu.

UPDATE: Ok I'm back to square one. I tried to re-order another bank and it didn't work at all even in the sideview. Will keep experimenting to try to find the root cause.

Mensajes Fri 11 Sep 20 @ 4:03 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)