Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Question regarding a setting (experimentalBeatAnalyzer)

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

HeltinoPRO InfinityMember since 2020
Hi,

as there is no tool tip and I found nothing in the manual:

What does this setting exactly?

Mensajes Wed 04 Nov 20 @ 9:57 pm
Its experimental as name suggest.

Currently, I belive its improvements for beat phase detection, and improve the off-by-half-a-beat detection

Mensajes Wed 04 Nov 20 @ 10:34 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
anything with experimental in the setting description is more for testers, it's tweaks to the engine that the devs think is better/faster/more accurate, but in the wild we might be playing anything between Slowcore & speedcore tempos [so results may vary]
Generally, if experimental has any "news worthy" changes the devs will make a post asking for people to test it.
Last time I remember such a post,
I fresh scanned a lot of CC licenced tracks [bandcamp stuff for me, & mostly jungle/gabba/breakcore] with both engines and then I posted an A:B comparison along with links to the tracks that were worse with the experimental engine.
Quite a bit of work, but the experimental engine got, first beat in the right place more often, the phase correct, more d&b/jungle/gabba/breakcore @170+bpm [instead of 1/2 bpm readings] and then it got merged into the standard beat engine.

Mensajes Wed 04 Nov 20 @ 10:46 pm
Ok, so I guess there is so far no odea what is different to the normal analyzer.
Too bad, would have loved to test it and support here, as Ìve noticed that the analyzer has room for improvement.
Tracks like „for you - the discoboys“ are wrng detected.. Bit wrong is not total correct...the bpm os ok, but VDJ is unable to handle parts in the track that are different. For example fist 30sec 128bdm are correct, beat is correct...than comes a part inbetween with no steady bpm.....and goes after this back to exactly the same bpm and beat as in minute 1....VDJ does not handle it. Íˋ m not talking about unsteady tracks in total, herr is clear that adjustments are needed, but track that have just a middle part different should be possible for VDJ to handle. Or add a function in the bpm editor like „mark similar parts“, that would be as well cool.

Mensajes Thu 05 Nov 20 @ 9:06 pm
Heltino wrote :
Ok, so I guess there is so far no odea what is different to the normal analyzer.
Too bad, would have loved to test it and support here, as Ìve noticed that the analyzer has room for improvement.
Tracks like „for you - the discoboys“ are wrng detected.. Bit wrong is not total correct...the bpm os ok, but VDJ is unable to handle parts in the track that are different. For example fist 30sec 128bdm are correct, beat is correct...than comes a part inbetween with no steady bpm.....and goes after this back to exactly the same bpm and beat as in minute 1....VDJ does not handle it. Íˋ m not talking about unsteady tracks in total, herr is clear that adjustments are needed, but track that have just a middle part different should be possible for VDJ to handle. Or add a function in the bpm editor like „mark similar parts“, that would be as well cool.

You would use the BPM editor for that, and use the "Variable BPM" function.
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/editors/bpmeditor.html

Can even use the dot to let VirtualDJ attempt to auto detect and mark the parts that are different

Mensajes Thu 05 Nov 20 @ 10:05 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
...You would use the BPM editor for that, and use the "Variable BPM" function...

I´m aware of this and I use it to fix such issues.
But honestly said: I think that such adjustments are much more speedy and easier in Rekordbox or Serato.
My idea was: Atomix did an outstanding job with the instant stems. O I believe that this real smart technology that was developed and implemented could be a ggod base to make the next game changer. The first software that is even with unsteady BPM able to analyze most of the tracks perfectly by auto.
Why I think this? Simple: Being able to separate beats pretty cool like with the instnat stems should be possible to use to analyze such beats as well much better.

So I thoght maybe the "experimental" stuff goes into this direction.

Mensajes Sat 07 Nov 20 @ 1:04 am
Could be in the future the bpm detection would automatically do so ;-)

You can map a keyboard key or a button for it though.
So as soon as you find a song you want to run the variable bpm analyze on, VDJ will attempt to auto fix that (and usually does a decent job at that)
(works on the selected file(s) in the browser)

The action to use on a button (in skin, keyboard or controller) is :

browsed_file_analyze multi

Mensajes Sat 07 Nov 20 @ 10:27 am
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Could be in the future the bpm detection would automatically do so ;-)

You can map a keyboard key or a button for it though.
So as soon as you find a song you want to run the variable bpm analyze on, VDJ will attempt to auto fix that (and usually does a decent job at that)
(works on the selected file(s) in the browser)

The action to use on a button (in skin, keyboard or controller) is :

browsed_file_analyze multi

Cool. If I understood correct:
Mapping this to a custom button means I can compare the normal analyze result with this?
Meaning: File is normal scanned and if the result is not good I can re-scan with this button with another algorrythm to see if this is better?

Mensajes Sat 07 Nov 20 @ 11:46 am
Heltino wrote :
[
Cool. If I understood correct:
Mapping this to a custom button means I can compare the normal analyze result with this?
Meaning: File is normal scanned and if the result is not good I can re-scan with this button with another algorrythm to see if this is better?

Yeah exactly..
But in particular for songs that have different parts with variable bpm

Mensajes Sat 07 Nov 20 @ 12:07 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)