Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: XDJ XZ - effects not working when using VirtualDJ with OBS

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey, i am facing this issue where everything works but the effects on the xdj xz mixer don't work when i connect virtual dj. the effects knobs move in virtual dj but no sound from the effects come through. i am using my focusrite audio interface as my speakers are connected to it.

i tried connecting the speakers directly to the xdj xz and that time everything including effects on the mixer work with virtual dj but in OBS it doesnt pick sound when i select line in of xdj xz so i thought connecting through audio interface will help and it did as obs picked the source but then mixer doesnt work when i connect through audio interface. i have read the manual but cant seem to understand whats the problem. I have enabled midi messages also.

Mensajes Sat 07 Nov 20 @ 4:17 pm
The XDJ-XZ does some things in hardware only.. this include the effects.

So you probably have routed the audio on the computer to OBS instead of the audio output of the XDJ-XZ.
You might be able to "capture" the record return (loopback) with OBS, if its possible to set sound card input channel

VirtualDJ does this, it has a "Record" entry in sound card settings that records/broadcasts the external sound from the mixer (instead of the internal sound).
This is needed with controllers that has some parts that is only operating in hardware (typically mic, and sometimes effects)
( see bottom of page here for note about the effects being hardware only https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/xdjxz/layout/mixer.html )

If OBS can not capture the returned audio at the Pioneer driver, you can instead add an audio cable from the rec/boot output of the mixer, connected to a line-in at the computer. And set OBS to broadcast from that line-in.

Mensajes Sat 07 Nov 20 @ 5:37 pm

Mensajes Sat 07 Nov 20 @ 5:40 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)