Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: is there a tool to fix Replicated Songs 3-10times in same VF or Copy/Move not getting anywhere in tech support

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

i tried get help from tech support but not helping

i have constant isssues of Database loading slowly alot .. and i also notice ill have 3-10 times the same File in a Virtual Folder.. so one i have i refereced to them is a club banger for hip hop shows i have 2167 songs.. and those are dups if i create a new sub heading VF and highlight and drag to the new VF its now down to 701 songs all the dups... now he stated its normal to see 2 copies of the same file in the Root VF but you shouldnt see it in the Sub headings.. but for me i dont get dups in the in the root
i also showed him that my Sub Heading i have is 300 songs and i put all my VF over the years and different bars under it,,, and if i recursv Main folder i get 61k of songs so i told them i should be showing 61k of songs in the Main VF... and with these 61k those are dupes of dups

i even sent one of the vdfolders to thech support shows..
so my sub heading is "Good Ones" >> "Bass House " >>"2020".vdjfold
like has this repeated
<song path="X:\Music\!Bpm Supreme\Audio\2020\Bass House (Good Ones)\Megan Thee Stallion - Savage (Major Lazer Remix) (Dirty Extended).mp3" size="14355419" songlength="326.4" bpm="125.000" artist="Megan Thee Stallion" title="Savage (Major Lazer Remix) (Dirty Extended)" remix="Dirty Extended" idx="6" />
<song path="X:\Music\!Bpm Supreme\Audio\2020\Bass House (Good Ones)\Megan Thee Stallion - Savage (Major Lazer Remix) (Dirty Extended).mp3" size="14355419" songlength="326.4" bpm="125.000" artist="Megan Thee Stallion" title="Savage (Major Lazer Remix) (Dirty Extended)" remix="Dirty Extended" idx="7" />
<song path="X:\Music\!Bpm Supreme\Audio\2020\Bass House (Good Ones)\Megan Thee Stallion - Savage (Major Lazer Remix) (Clean Extended).mp3" size="14355419" songlength="326.4" bpm="125.000" artist="Megan Thee Stallion" title="Savage (Major Lazer Remix) (Clean Extended)" remix="Clean Extended" idx="8" />
<song path="X:\Music\!Bpm Supreme\Audio\2020\Bass House (Good Ones)\Megan Thee Stallion - Savage (Major Lazer Remix) (Clean Extended).mp3" size="14355419" songlength="326.4" bpm="125.000" artist="Megan Thee Stallion" title="Savage (Major Lazer Remix) (Clean Extended)" remix="Clean Extended" idx="9" />

so you see its copied 4 times in a single Vdj file

and thats just 1 section in this file

and my entire Virtual Folders are like this..

now there is a repair tool for Database.. but is there a tool to fix this?
so far i cant find out whats causing this issue ... VDJ doesnt seem to have a Virtual Folder dups ...
and the only fix i find is i have to creat a new Virtual Folder drag the like the 2000 songs into the new folder and then delete the contents of that 2000 files.. and select the temp virtual folder that has 700 files now.. and drag it into to just remove the 3-10 copies of the same song ...

is there a better way that is automated.. is there something to stop it from doing this? as i think i having database issues because of it
as it takes a long time to load.. it can 2 min or so to load up virtual Dj it stating its taking a long time to load... Task manager shows it it takes time loading but memory starts like 200 meg slow ly goes up at like 50 meg jumps untill it hits like 570megs or ram.. then it drops down to 200 meg and Virtual DJ loads up
he mentioned could be slow computer not enough ram.. but im running a AMD 3700x at 4.1Ghz running 16gig ram. ssd for windows and 7200 12tb Gold WD Drive.. also i have tried it with a 6 and 8 TB Seagate Red PRO NAS 7200 Drive same issues and i appreicate all the tech support he giving but it cant be right

as im also stuck with a program with COPY and MOVE in VDJ there is bug he says isnt a bug..... you can not move or copy a Folder with the same name into a Name.. VDJ disables the basic window function.. since everyone says you need to do your editing in VDJ not Windows Explorer

when you have exampme c:\music\audio\audio and you want to move all those folders under \audio\audio to c:\music\audio
you can not move nore can you Copy it will tell you you cant put same folder name into folder name all you can do is Skip or Cancel you cant do a normal Windows function of write into Overwrite function
if i need to post pics i will i just wish you could post a lot at once instead of 1 at a time.. and i can do that later

and i noticing now in Documents Virtual DJ folder its now got the list of music that should only be on X: dunno why its showing up there its referencing.. i dunno if this happens when the VDJ crashes in the past.. or when it says c:\ database is corrupt yet database is on X: and then goes hey wire with the Folders i not sure but if there is an app to check folders be good

i do appreciciate the help hes giving i just seeing if anyone else has works arounds as im spinning my wheels just getting frustrated

Mensajes Thu 03 Dec 20 @ 5:10 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Virtual folders only get what is store in them, they are playlists
but moving a list of files add them to virtual folder (simple click move may duplicate tracks)
and as there is no undo ....

to fix :
you can load your Virtual folders in sidelist or automix and remove duplicate
empty virtual folder and add list in it

"COPY and MOVE in VDJ there is bug he says isn't a bug
you can not move or copy a Folder with the same name into a Name"
and this is one of the BIG "NON" BUGs :
not same drive same name is not allowed

"Documents Virtual DJ folder its now got the list of music that should only be on X:"
Right and any cloud is duplicated the same way as well, making multiple root folders with the same name

Mensajes Thu 03 Dec 20 @ 9:18 pm
ah ok ya thats frustrating.. as the tech guy from making a ticket. said the root VF will have the duplicates annd i told him that cant be right then id have 60k of songs in the root..

so i dont use playlists... but i do slide music from Windows File Explorer into the Virtual Folder.. thats how i create my VFs but it doesnt duplicate them.. and customer service said they arent duplicates... the one VF i found i had 20 dups of the same song..
so my fix i didnt know about the Automix delete dups is

create a new Virtual folder..sub heading. and select all the files and slide into the new folder and it removes all the dups and i delete and slide up
but over the years working weddigs bars etc. i have more then 100 Virtual Folders maybe 200.. so doing this is forever.. ad that doesnt mean this duplicate wont come back.. is this considered a bug the dups? how come when you do clean Database it cant clean Virtual Folders..
and how do you prevent dups from comig back? i guess programers cant fix this issue...

i remember in 2019 i mentioned in the features request to have the Copy Move thing fixed since i cant move from Same drive or a different drive, with a folder of the same name kinda sucked because it seems they just using a windows file move.. but no fix. as i even tried moving c:\music\audio\audio to d:\music\audio with regular windows file explore and then did VDJ move and copy to try to get d:\musi\audio into c:\music\audio well it didnt like that either.. so that sucks gotta just do it with windows Explorer and bite the bullet..

i know i requested a fix for the Relocate Missing File. as i was hoping automated.. as i have to hold the ENTER key down with a weight to move to the next one.. but the issue when it cant find the file it wont skip and move to the next file.. requested that feature but guess not high priority. lol

so thats new then in the last couple updates.. i dont use cloud
as i knew before if you had virtual Folders in the Douments\virtualdj\folders then its pointing to C: drive as i been making sure there is 0 Virtual Folders in documents\virtualdj\folders just on x:\virtualdj\folders
so that must be new.. do you want the cloud backing up the virtualdj?

thanks for the input least i not going crazy
maybe i have to write a software that fixes the duplicated VF to be automated as i cant do 100+ 200+ folders.... been a while since i coded too

and would these dups and also Folders being saved in the documents\virtualdj\folders and databasexml is it the reason vitual dj has issues loading the database it takes like 2 min to load is the dups causing it.. as i try to keep all the folders to the x: drive and the database. as i cant figure whats causing it to take forever to load and i done like 4 clean database in a row in hopes it fixed it but that doesnt fix it.. so figure its the duplicates

thanks for the input

Mensajes Thu 03 Dec 20 @ 11:34 pm
You are talking about several different things here.
1st: Loading database speed - it takes too long
How do you count that ? Is it the time VirtualDJ takes to display on your screen when you start it ? (Because it could be anything, not browser related)
Is it the time it takes to open a Virtual folder ?
Any chance you have "Filedate" visible on browser ? (As this slows down browser A LOT, since VirtualDJ has to ask Windows to gather all the filedates for all the files it displays every time you visit that folder)

2nd: Database cannot have multiple entries for the same file (There's only one exception on this, but I don't think that's the case for you)

3rd: Multiple Entries of files inside a single VF.
How did the multiple files get in there in the first place ?
It's only very recently that duplicate files inside a Virtual Folder are allowed under special conditions.
Having hundreds of dups inside your Virtual Folders requires first to understand how they got there, and then how to remove (and not have them be recreated again)

So, can we deal this by solving one issue at the time ?

I believe your main issue is number 1. Slow browser.
So, let's start with that.

Mensajes Fri 04 Dec 20 @ 10:18 am
ok ill try to answer .

1.. database taking long time to load i have had Filedate turned on and off in past i had another post where "Searching""Browsing" freezes and locks up VDJ and i have had the filedate on and off and neither situation solves it.. so i figure the Dupliacations and now i see vfs inn the documents vdjfolder when i shoudlnt

but when i say its loading slowly.. when i fire up VDJ it take like 2 min from clicking vdj icon to get to the program. now this doesnt always happene if takes the 2 min. if i close the vdj and re load it maybe only take a 1 min or 30 seconds... and in the 2 min.. bottom right will pop up saying VDJ is taking unusual long time to load..
when i followed tech support the had me use Task manager and watch it load starts at 200meg and every 10 seconds jumps up like 50 meg till it his 560megs or ram then VDJ loads up and then drops down to 200megish
other times it can fire up like just now under 20 seconds. i have had loading issue and the vdj freezing up in searching browswing.. i tried the delete database like i had posts in here before but in the end it never solved it.. it just came back figured the Duplicates causing it in the VFS

2.. i ment tech support said there should be duplicates in the Root VF but thats not right i figured and you guys mentioned.. but that automix delete duplicates be nice for when you do the clean database there be button clean Virtual Folders and it does that drag to automix delete dups and the back for all VFS
as i figured maybe the VFs with the Dups is causing "virtual dj is taking unusual time to load" something like that will pop up botom

3. ya i have no idea how multiples get in there i figured when VDJ has crashed or when it loads says database is corrupt...
i have had this duplicated of music in single VFs since 2018 but it wasnt bad this year its multipled and i have like now i found 20 couples of 1 song in a single VF
iv mentioned it before in back in 2018 but no help back then

but the slow browser/ locking up Searching/Locking up into Browsing and stuck for 20 min and you then have to load songs in cue from File Explorer.. no solve for that.. as i updated my last post a few weeks ago i said its back again Browser is freezing up again but no one replied anymore as i guess no one knows whats causing the lock up and thats where i figure its the VF dups

the slow issue i was meaning is the 2 min and taking to load up Virtual DJ the first time is the issue even though i using the x: drive so its not spun down.. but ill take more suggestions how to fix Browsing/Searching wont lock up but in my other post it happens with or without FileDate it just takes 20 min before you get control.. i did request a button that Forces VDJ to exit the Browsing/Search so its like a Ctrl X that way you hit press a button and then VDJ would cancel and give back control but no help on that one either...

but ya ill keep the File Date off and go from there just know i find all issues still didnt matter.. but ill start over with the tests,,,

i appreciate the help so far..
and sorry if i sound confusing.. since i have dislexia,learning disability it sounds clear in my head but i dont always explain things properly.. as to me i explaining it correctly.. and if i confuse at all just ask or i try to send pics as i think i confused tech support so had to make pics but didnt help...

Mensajes Fri 04 Dec 20 @ 12:33 pm
so far database is loading up not bad not getting error of its taking too long... what i was doing is running disk defrag ran windows clean up seems knock on wood fixed it.. and ya i still have file date off as i had that issue with file date on

but i constantly still getting dups in my folders is frustrating me... is there no way to tell Vdj stop making dups in virtual folders.. an you mentioned sometimes you want dups in a single folder?? why ???
and with the macros option to press a button to do things on the screen
can we not make macro loads all the tracts of each virtual folder throw it in automix delete dup then back in.. havent had time to write a program that scans 200+vdj folders once a week to make sure no dups

and didnt bother copying or moving files yet to organzing my database virtual folders music better.. still have c:\music\audio\audio be nice to be able to move or copy same name options like i can with regular windows copy but for now i just leaving it anoying as it is...

Mensajes Sat 12 Dec 20 @ 1:38 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)