Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Tema: Autoload and per-second logging

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi all, long time supporter of VDJ here. As with many of us, lockdown = no gigs. But I have started broadcasting more and I want to use VDJ as the solution - but I've hit some stumbling blocks. I'm wanting to run lots of recorded interviews, beds, jingles and - of course - music through VDJ.

1. Is there a way to auto-normalise/gain the decks so that, before I press play, I'm not having to check the levels of every item? Some of my clips are only 8" and - when run in a fast sequence - means I won't have time to pre-fade them before hitting play.

2. Because of the rapid rate of clip loading, is there a way I can load from a sidelist or playlist straight to the next available player? **The moment I press play on a piece of audio, I want the next piece of audio to load to the next deck in sequence.** Because I aim to go Bed > Interview > Jingle I will need to use the four deck setup (if I've recorded an interview on-location and the background fades out - I'd have to wait for the full fade before the jingle would load on a two-deck setup).

3. Because of the joys of working for a professional broadcaster, I need a second-by-second log of every song played. This doesn't have to be comprehensive - title/artist (or filename) and duration is ideal. i.e. items played with a fader open for greater than 1 second = logged. This includes samples.

4. I will most likely set up QWER as Play/Stop Deck A / B / C / D (even better if puts your headphones onto 100% output and cancels any pre-fade)
ASDF as a press and hold to Cue Deck A / B / C / D (even better if it shuts that faders for you and sticks it on 100% prefade!)
ZXCV as a play final 10 seconds of Deck A / B / C / D (even better if it shuts that fader for you and sticks it on 100% prefade)

5. Rather than outboarding the microphone, is there a way the mic can be muted/unmuted - let's say with the spacebar?

Naturally, I won't be needing all of the complexities of doing a club set, so if there's a simple 4 deck skin you've found in your travels...I'm all eyes/ears!

Sorry for the long post - I've done a fair bit of searching around and not quite found the exact solution yet - and this may help many others who are diversifying in the current climate!

Andrew :-)

Mensajes Tue 05 Jan 21 @ 3:38 pm
1. Tracks / Videos are normalized by default in VDJ. Look up autoGain or just gain in the settings to see all available configurations and read their description to learn more.

2. You could take a look at Automix and enabling Dual-Deck. I don't know if you can prevent Automix from playing the other deck when the currently playing one ends though. Maybe you actually like this behaviour though.

3. VDJ logs your tracks to a history .m3u file by default. Go to Documents/VirtualDJ/History to find them. By default, VDJ considers a file played after the number of seconds specified by the historyDelay setting has passed. You can set this to 0 seconds to always immediately log any track or clip. When you use the recording feature, you can configure VDJ to write a .cue file as well, which might have better formatting for your needs, so maybe take a look at that, too.

QWER:
deck 1 play_pause & volume 1 & headphone_volume 1
(use deck 2, deck 3, deck 4 for each key)

ASDF:
deck 1 cue_button & volume 1
I'm not sure what you mean with "shuts the fader", but this action does the cueing and putting the volume fader of the deck to 100%.

ZXCV:
deck 1 goto 90% & play & volume 1
I couldn't figure out how to skip to the last 10 seconds, so this skips to the last 10% of the song and starts the deck if it isn't already playing. Also turn the volume of the deck to 100%.

5. Assign the mic action to the space key in the mappings.

Mensajes Sun 17 Jan 21 @ 10:05 am
This is amazing. Thank you so much! I've since modified this and - if anybody else is interested - this is what I came up with re Play deck one (the fader is fully open and headphones give you "output"), auto load deck two and remove from playlist:

deck 1 level 100% & play_pause & headphone_mix 100% & deck 2 browser_enter & playlist_load_and_remove

I also modified the mic settings (it wasn't clear when the mic was on) so that the booth monitors cut to prevent feedback (but you can hear yourself in your headphones and you're still being routed to the master output):

mic & mic ? booth_volume 0% : booth_volume 100%

Mensajes Tue 19 Jan 21 @ 9:50 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)