Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Phase - Latest Release - HID - Page: 2
Niels (cph) wrote :

The big question is if MWM is willing to share how they transport the platter movement data in HID reports — i.e. the protocol description

... or if the devs can reverse engineer it, replicate it and then add it to VDJ

Mensajes Sun 06 Mar 22 @ 11:10 am
klausmogensen wrote :
Niels (cph) wrote :

The big question is if MWM is willing to share how they transport the platter movement data in HID reports — i.e. the protocol description

... or if the devs can reverse engineer it, replicate it and then add it to VDJ

Reversing is of course an option, but having the protocol definition would allow for a more robust implementation.

Providing the protocol definition to SW vendors means potential new customers for MWM.

Mensajes Sun 06 Mar 22 @ 4:13 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
They're probably contracted to serato, otherwise they would have just published the spec.

Mensajes Sun 06 Mar 22 @ 4:26 pm
locodog wrote :
They're probably contracted to serato, otherwise they would have just published the spec.

Contracted to Serato? So, you mean that Serato developed the HID protocol for MWM under NDA? Hmm, that does complicate matters somewhat.. :-/

Mensajes Sun 06 Mar 22 @ 4:43 pm
probably not that way, more likely serato threw mwm some money to not publish the spec for the feature report, to claim exclusivity.

Mensajes Sun 06 Mar 22 @ 4:54 pm
I got myself a set of Phase Essentials, and it performs very good in Virtual DJ, I got some Cue Drifts at start but after I raised "TimeCode Silence" to 0.02ms it got very tight. No Drifts at all. I think its very close to Serato in HID, good jod VDJ. I must say like while testing it and moving the record very slowly to try and force drift I could see the point moving/drifting but after a faster/longer record move VDJ relative mode kicks in and it the jumps/skips to the point like a timecode record would.
must test it harder tomorrow. but I also noticed that VDJ Tempo Fader response is still slow, pitch rides are not the same has in other Softwares

Mensajes Tue 15 Mar 22 @ 1:58 am

Mensajes Tue 15 Mar 22 @ 3:01 pm
visionz5 wrote :
I tried it last night with VDJ and sadly it didnt work at all. :( Fingers crossed it will be resolved or added in the next update. It does work absolutely incredible with Serato though.

Hello any news on the phase update?

Mensajes Tue 22 Mar 22 @ 1:20 pm
Same question, any update on VDJ ?
Thanks !

Mensajes Tue 26 Apr 22 @ 9:52 pm
visionz5 wrote :
Phase just released its latest update and it includes the HID protocol for Serato. Whats is this? And does it work for vdj

https://blog.mwm-store.com/2021/02/03/new-firmware-6-and-serato-public-beta-integration-available-today/

Quote :
New USB communication via HID protocol:
Development of a new communication protocol between Phase and Serato DJ Pro built on an HID protocol, which allows Phase to communicate directly with Serato DJ Pro via USB, without the need for RCA cables. Phase just has to be connected to the laptop via USB to communicate with Serato DJ Pro.

Improvement of the accuracy and reduction of latency:
Thanks to this powerful HID protocol, the communication between Phase and Serato DJ Pro is now twice faster, reducing latency even more. A 100% digital communication that offers better accuracy and foolproof stability.

New dedicated features:
Full integration of Phase with Serato DJ Pro offers specially designed features, such as new Serato deck mode dedicated to the use of Phase in HID mode (Wireless mode), the display of the battery percentage of the Remotes within Serato, and custom-designed animations of your Remotes LEDs that now blink to indicate when the track is loaded, or when a track comes to the end (with the “Track End warning” mode activated in the Serato settings).

My question is, is HID universal and if so, what are the chances of this working with VDJ? Phase already works amazingly with VDJ but if this feature can get implemented also into the software, it would be incredible.

Mensajes Sun 04 Dec 22 @ 6:50 am
Phase does work great with VDJ, as long as you are using the old way of connecting RCA cables.

Currently, only the USB HID protocol works with Serato and when users ask Phase when they plan to release a software update that allows the HID to work with other software titles, their response has been that it's up to individual software companies to build it into their titles.

So, it's a waiting game to see when (or if ever) VDJ will build the feature into their software that will allow you to get rid of RCA cables and use USB HID.

Mensajes Tue 06 Dec 22 @ 1:59 pm
visionz5 wrote :
...their response has been that it's up to individual software companies to build it...

That's dishonesty, almost an out right lie by mwm, they told me that too, so I asked for the HID spec and then the truth came out that they can't publish the spec due to a contract.

Mensajes Tue 06 Dec 22 @ 2:12 pm
locodog wrote :
visionz5 wrote :
...their response has been that it's up to individual software companies to build it...

That's dishonesty, almost an out right lie by mwm, they told me that too, so I asked for the HID spec and then the truth came out that they can't publish the spec due to a contract.

Ugggg....thats annoying. Serato probably doesnt want VDJ, Traktor, Rekordbox, etc having access to it so they can promote as being the only one in the industry. LAME! Hopefully the contract doesnt last long and they will open up the technology/HID to everyone else.

Mensajes Fri 09 Dec 22 @ 6:00 pm

Mensajes Sat 15 Apr 23 @ 8:09 am
Niels (cph) wrote :
Phase just sent out a newsletter about what they are up to:

https://www.phasedj.com/post/phase-from-a-side-project-to-a-dj-industry-standard

In the “What’s Next” section they mention working on HID integration with more DJ software vendors. I hope Atomix is working with them.. 😊

Excellent news! Let's just hope it doesn't take 5 years for the HID feature to be implemented in VDJ or other titles. lol

Mensajes Mon 17 Apr 23 @ 12:30 pm
Now that Pioneer owns Serato, we'll probably see the HID integration built into Rekordbox pretty quickly. I could see them offering a Pioneer bundle of the PLX-1000's, an S11/7/5 and Phase Essential pack.

VDJ would be the last to get the HID integration, if ever.

Mensajes Tue 18 Jul 23 @ 12:07 pm
visionz5 wrote :
Now that Pioneer owns Serato, we'll probably see the HID integration built into Rekordbox pretty quickly. I could see them offering a Pioneer bundle of the PLX-1000's, an S11/7/5 and Phase Essential pack.

I don't get it...
Aren't phase still their own company after the split from MWM?

Mensajes Wed 19 Jul 23 @ 9:16 am
klausmogensen wrote :
visionz5 wrote :

I don't get it...

Yes, and Atomix has already confirmed that they are in talks with Phase about HID integration. So, it will come to VDJ at some point.

And, I agree that it is conceivable that Pio could cherry pick a feature such as Phase HID from Serato and put it into Rekordbox. But it will probably not happen immediately.

Mensajes Wed 19 Jul 23 @ 11:00 am
klausmogensen wrote :

I don't get it...

They are, but they had an exclusive deal with Serato for the HID integration. Now that Pioneer owns Serato, we'll probably see that exclusive deal get expanded to Rekordbox at some point. Not sure how the Pioneer/Serato purchase will effect the talks that VDJ is having with Phase to offer HID integration but Pioneer could be jerks and cut the deal off by telling Phase that they have to keep the HID integration for Serato and Rekordbox only.

But who knows....all we can do is wait it out and see what happens down the road.

Mensajes Wed 19 Jul 23 @ 12:17 pm
Wait, THIS STILL hasnt happened for VDJ???

Mensajes Wed 19 Jul 23 @ 8:52 pm
91%