Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Audio Output SelfAdjusts...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

djeric76PRO SubscriberMember since 2015
While mixing, my eq seems to self adjust and I don't know why. Highs and mids distort and the level lights show the track in red zone, peaking. They don't start that way, but it eventually goes there with no adjustment from me. My cpu goes to 100 and videos start looking like a slide show presentation.
I use a dell inspiron laptop with 8gb of ram and my controller is a ddj-1000.
Any thoughts on what is happening and/or solutions?
Does cpu effect audio performance like that?

Mensajes Tue 09 Mar 21 @ 8:23 am
100% CPU use is not bad on it's own - after all you paid for the whole thing
But if you run totally out of CPU resources, and processes are lining up to wait for it, everything may suffer
So you probably need to look into what is going on on your laptop

Mensajes Tue 09 Mar 21 @ 9:41 am
Also a little more information like which version of Windows you're using, which exact model is your laptop, what other applications may run e.t.c. would help for troubleshooting.

A few first steps:
1) If you use Windows 7 it's time to upgrade. Especially if the particular laptop haven't received updates for a long time.
2) If your laptop has an utility app called "Dell Support Assist" please uninstall it completely as it's known to cause latency issues in 9 out of 10 Dell laptops that run it
3) Open task manager and watch which program peaks your CPU.
Is it VirtualDJ or another app ?
4) Since you're running video make sure that your Graphics card driver is up to date
5) Also try to change the "videoUseDXVA" option to see if it helps. Ideally you want this setting to be set to "yes" so that video decoding is done by your GPU and not your CPU
6) Finally keep an eye on your laptop temperatures... If the CPU peaks quite often at 100% chances are that your laptop starts overheating. And once a modern laptop starts overheating it starts thermal throttling (powering down CPU in order to cool down) which is not a good thing for any DJ software.

Mensajes Tue 09 Mar 21 @ 10:09 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)