Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: How to avoid Sampler save in a different folder (Duplicate) and avoid read Stems

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi there,
I'm wondering if someone can help me with a few little questions.

As a mobil DJ, use several samplers files in my gigs, that are commonly stored in an external HD, or my desktop (Specific parties).

How can I configure VDJ to do not save (duplicate) in a different folder all my sampler files? (my case documents/virtualdj/sample *.vdjsample

And second, can I configure vdj to do not analyze stems on load?

Thanks in advance.
Juan.

Mensajes Tue 23 Mar 21 @ 9:57 pm
Centerline73 wrote :
And second, can I configure vdj to do not analyze stems on load?

In VirtualDJ settings, set precomputeStems to "only use precomputed"

Centerline73 wrote :
How can I configure VDJ to do not save (duplicate) in a different folder all my sampler files? (my case documents/virtualdj/sample *.vdjsample

Only if you edit a sample is it saved as *.vdjsample (If I remember right).
The default location is not so easily changed, but you can move the *.vdjsamples off to other location, and drag and drop them to banks to use...

Mensajes Tue 23 Mar 21 @ 10:13 pm
Dear Rune,
Thanks for you quick answers. Take a note about Stems, didn't knew about that and every time I look for it, never thought to stop in this config.

About sampler, I understood what you wrote. Yes you're right about edit samplers. But VDJ "Copy" the original files to my document folder. This duplicate the space. As far as I know, vdj 7 has an XML file to a modified sampler. Is there anyway to avoid this duplicate? Should I delete the files from my document folder?

Thanks again
Juan

Mensajes Tue 23 Mar 21 @ 10:33 pm
Modern VirtualDJ the sampler (bank) is just an XML file as well with links to the sample files.

And dragging and dropping into banks from other drives does not copy to local drive my end.
Are you adding samples that way?

Mensajes Tue 23 Mar 21 @ 10:58 pm
Hi again Rune,

Yes, I own some video files locally and others (the big ones) on an external HD. About last ones, when I load a file into the sampler, vdj copy the same file and rename as *.vdjsample into my local hd.

This action duplicate the file and the size. For example, the photo attached shows you (in size order), many of those files that I have on my external drive, but in this case, renamed into the local drive with the same size as original file.

So the question is, is there anyway to avoid this copy?

As always, thanks for your help.
Juan

Mensajes Wed 24 Mar 21 @ 1:22 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)