Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Resampling 128kbps to 320kbps with VDJ

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

jatoroHome userMember since 2006
Hi.

Please, I have a curiosity.

It may seem like a silly question.

Most of my music tracks are in MP3 format. I know that it is a compression format in which when going from WAV to MP3, for example, there is a loss of quality.

On the other hand, I have a lot of tracks that, unfortunately, are in minimum quality 128kbps, insufficient for professional DJing.

I would like to ask if there is any feature or functionality in VDJ in such a way that either before loading, either after compression, or in real time, that audio quality can be improved, using an artificial intelligence algorithm or something similar to how does with video resolution in:
https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/310029-how-to-upscale-video-content-to-4k-8k-and-beyond

Thanks.

Mensajes Fri 30 Apr 21 @ 3:16 pm
No. Once a file has been compressed it can't be uncompressed.

No such feature in VDJ.

Mensajes Fri 30 Apr 21 @ 3:32 pm
Generally speaking since a lossy format, you cant magically make it better.. the info is lost
So resampling to higher bitrate is not equal to restoring file to better quality

You can't recreate information that isn't there anymore.

Mensajes Fri 30 Apr 21 @ 3:32 pm
As said, information that has been lost by lossy compression is really gone forever.

However there are VST plug-ins on the market that are able to restore crackles, sharp hiss etc, but all of them don’t work well in real time (Waves, Izotope) and can’t restore dynamics . Yet there is one VST plugin that is able to restore and recreate parts of a music-file in real-time and is greatly used by radio-stations and post-production studios and that is Thimeo Stereo Tool. Stereo Tool is mainly a broadcast processor, but contains a few psycho-acoustic based tools that can restore music-files in real time, specifically lossy compressed and/or squashed tracks done by brickwall limiters. In the repair section you find a ‘de-clipper’ which is able to restore squashed and clipped files and a ‘de-lossifier’ which tries to restore low sample-rate files and can even recreate and reconstruct the highest part of a low sample-rate file (for instance when the highest frequencies are capped). The processing part of the plug-in has a ‘natural dynamics’ section that truly restores clipped peaks which occur these days all the time by means of the ‘loudness-wars’ (producers that try to make their tracks as loud as possible). The processor is packed with processing tools and i.m.o. has the most extensive setting possibilities you will find on a single VST plug-in (switch the processor in ‘extreme tweaking mode’ for that). Some sections are revolutionary and patented and used in very expensive hardware broadcast units. The plug-in has one downside: latency. The processor is a VST plug-in that simply can be used in VDJ in real time, but the processing cost a bit of time and a lot of processing power, the more functions you switch on… So it will only work well in real-time if you use a top-spec computer. But you can always load the plug-in in a DAW and batch your files. This processor can really make a difference if configured right...

https://www.stereotool.com

post scriptum: I don’t have shares in the company 😉

Mensajes Sun 02 May 21 @ 2:22 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)