Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Screen/Interface lag/delay buildup on DENON media players
I am currently experiencing an intermittent issue with responsiveness on a Denon SC6000 and SC5000 unit with VirtualDJ as follows:

Slowly over time this issue will present itself. Happens daily.
All controls are delayed if only looking at the screen on the media player however the controls are actually controlling VDJ on the computer in realtime. For example. Turning the jog wheel will in realtime work as expected if I only look at VDJ on the monnitor, but the waveform on the Denon display will move a second or more later. This is for all controls on each media player no matter if it is browsing the library. Play/Pause, cue points, jog wheel, etc... It seems the more input "commands" used when this happens the worse it makes the issue on the player. Again, it doesn't affect audio output as the instance of VDJ on the computer responds as expected, but isn't up to speed on the Denon screen. It can be up to a second at first delayed, but increasingly gets worse to where the media player locks up and is no longer responsive as if there is a memory leak similar to what would happen on a PC. The most noticeable tell of this happening when it does is when a song ends but the waveform on the display of the media player is still 10 seconds or so from ending.

I have tried different USB setups to alleviate the issue, but as it isn't constant and happens after a time of playing it is hard to immediately troubleshoot. I have logs and resource monitoring, but none would indicate a problem on the PC side rather seems to be a problem internally on the player.

A restart of the player temporarily alleviates the issue, but it always returns eventually. The Denon x1850 seems unaffected although I am not 100% sure that is the case as it is obviously more apparent on the media players with screens.

Please let me know if I can be any clearer with what is happening or if a video of the issue might be better or something to that effect. I am more than willing to put in the work to try to get this alleviated.

Does anyone have any insight regarding this?
Has anyone experienced this?
I appreciate any suggestions.

Mensajes Fri 30 Apr 21 @ 9:56 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Has to do with the poor Denon screen refresh rate and Denon SDK. Nothing we can do about it.
Choose a screen skin view (from Denon Options) with the smaller waveforms height available, to avoid large parts of screen from constant refresh.

Mensajes Sat 01 May 21 @ 1:12 am
For the record, I've experienced that the refresh rate is worsen when switching to 3-colours waveforms, and that with with waves set to "beat" or "scratch" colours the SC5000s became unusable.

Mensajes Tue 19 Oct 21 @ 7:47 pm