Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Analyze problem
psygosPRO SubscriberMember since 2014
BATCH ANALYZE TRACKS
Why VirtualDj sometimes analyze in multicore ( 3 at time ) and sometimes one ??
This ocurre when analyze in streaming service like Tidal and BeatportLink
Does not occur in analize tracks on disc.
But In Serato DJ Pro its posible analyze in multicore ( 6 at time ) with tidal and Beatport link

Mensajes Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 12:25 am
I think I already answered you on FB, so here is what I wrote:

Quote :

I don't know specifically about Tidal - but there are usually built-in limitations on batch analyzing online content, because it has to be fully downloaded before it can be analyzed. So the online content providers don't like that instead of having users download a song every 2 min, they are suddenly downloading it every 2 sec. And if multi core is used, it's 3 songs every 2 sec (or more if you have a crazy CPU). For instance on the Deezer integration, VDJ waits a few seconds between each song to not trigger a Deezer block on the user account
I think that online content is not really supposed to be analyzed in batch. Either it's analyzed when it's loaded on a deck, it's already analyzed by the provider for certain things like BPM and key, or it's done for tracks that have been downloaded to cache
Hold on... I'll do some tests

Quote :

... I've just tested the Tidal integration, and it looks like it the same:
VDJ wait's a few seconds between each download and analyze, when you try to analyze in batch
So I'm pretty sure it's by design, like it is on the Deezer integration, so that it works more like regular use by a consumer listener

Quote :

... I've now also re-tested Deezer. That is clearly slower (more seconds in wait).
So I think that makes it even more likely that the Tidal (and Deezer) wait time is done by design, to make sure user account blocks on the services won't get triggered by "over use" (compared to when you use it to just listen to music)

Quote :

... I've now tested Beatport Link as well, and it doesn't have the limitation built in
It downloads and analyzes 3 tracks at once on my CPU
The "funny" thing is that batch analyze is less needed on Beatport Link, because it already has the BPM and KEY information. It of course doesn't have the grid and so on, but that is not really needed for searching
But of course Beatport Link is specifically designed for DJ use, so it's probably meant to be used this way - I guess Tidal and Deezer are primarily consumer services

Quote :

... finally I tested the iDJPool integration, and that also has a built in delay between tracks when batch analyzing

Quote :

Those are the 4 online content providers I'm currently signed up for, and of those 4 the 3 have built in delays between tracks (Tidal has the shortest delay). Only Beatport Link downloads and analyzes multiple tracks at the same time (with a 4 core CPU like mine, it appears the same as when analyzing local tracks)

In short:
I think it's by design to not get kicked off the services
Of my 4 tests only Beatport Link does not seem to have the built-in delays

Regarding Serato:
I have no idea why they allow it on Tidal. Maybe they don't know about the limitations yet. They are pretty new in the online content game - I seem to remember, that back when Deezer was introduced in VDJ, people got blocked by the service, until the batch limitations were put in place.
Or maybe VDJ is being too conservative with it's limitations

The devs can probably say a lot more about it :)

Mensajes Wed 02 Jun 21 @ 7:15 am
FYI Batch analysis on a Deezer playlist seems about 2 minutes between each BPM analysis.

If your create playlists on the Deezer website and then want to set them up in VDJ this can take a long time to analyze at 30 tracks an hour!

Not sure what frequency triggers the Deezer user account overload is but this does feel very slow. If Deezer would allow it then a 1 minute gap would be more appropriate IMO.

You can manually dump tracks onto the deck and this will analyze on demand (as to be expected), but having read the above I would urge caution not to trigger a flag on the Deezer side.

FWIW I love Deezer integration - thanks Atomix!

Question: Is it possible for the Deezer metadata to be portable at all? (I use both a desktop (main home usage) and a laptop (external gigs) and havent looked at the correct way to copy everything across so it might be an RTFM question?

Mensajes Mon 24 Jan 22 @ 9:08 am