Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Tidal & scanning very slow.
I have a around 5k titles in Tidal. When I want to batch-scan the files, it takes approx 30sec per title to download/analyze. When I do manually (load to deck) it just takes a few seconds. I see a download peak in wifi every 30 sec. Have 100MBit stable download. Is there any limitation known with tidal-sync? Serrato limits to 6 dl's at a time. Tried on 2nd computer - same.

Mensajes Fri 06 Aug 21 @ 5:21 am
Yes, I believe limits have been put in for all online content providers
The problem is that if you just download and analyze as fast as you can, it's not regular use of the service. You are not playing the tracks, like expected.
So to avoid that kind of "abuse" (which of course causes stress on their servers if enough people are doing it) the content providers have detections built into their systems. If those are triggered your login may be blocked for a period of time, or you account may be locked, so that you need to contact the content providers to get it opened again
So VDJ has added the same limitations, so that the abuse detection at the content providers are not triggered. The result is that if you try to batch analyze from one of the content providers, VDJ will wait for a specific no of second between each track

Mensajes Fri 06 Aug 21 @ 9:20 am
Thx. Still sounds a bit odd. Serato has limitation of 6 concurrent dl's and no waiting time in between (on tidal). So it is not a tidal limitation but rather from vdj. However - only 2500 songs remaining...

Mensajes Fri 06 Aug 21 @ 9:47 am
user24116806 wrote :
Thx. Still sounds a bit odd. Serato has limitation of 6 concurrent dl's and no waiting time in between (on tidal). So it is not a tidal limitation but rather from vdj. However - only 2500 songs remaining...

It's definitely a VDJ limitation
But it's put in to avoid problems with the content providers
It's the same for for instance the Deezer integration

Mensajes Fri 06 Aug 21 @ 11:32 am
I'm bumping this because I think it's worth mentioning something...

If I want to batch analyse tracks in a Tidal playlist, it's much faster for me to manually load each track to a deck than to use the right click "batch analyse" option.

Why is that? Surely if the tracks can be loaded to decks and analysed quickly then the batch process should be just as fast, if not faster?

Mensajes Thu 23 Sep 21 @ 7:34 pm
YEP VDJ made this limitation back in the days when deezer was locking up after it scanned too many files within a certain period, I wish VDJ would lift this or give us the option to enable or disable....

Mensajes Fri 24 Sep 21 @ 7:33 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Now that VDJ automatically gets BPM and key online while searching I don't think there's much need for scanning anymore anyway.

Mensajes Fri 24 Sep 21 @ 7:47 am
Adion wrote :
VDJ automatically gets BPM and key online while searching

I was just going to ask exactly when VDJ is supposed to be doing this, then I noticed the "while searching" part.

It's not much good if we're loading a playlist. I've just loaded one (from Tidal) and 50 out of 72 files have no BPM or key info. What am I supposed to do, other than scan them?

Mensajes Fri 24 Sep 21 @ 4:31 pm
It's also working for playlists, but it will indeed depend on available bpm information.

Mensajes Fri 24 Sep 21 @ 5:17 pm
Could you answer the original question please - why is the right click scan option so slow with streaming files, when compared with loading them to decks one by one?

There seems to be a 30 second delay between each scan.

Normal file scanning is much faster than loading decks, and works on multiple files simultaneously.

Mensajes Fri 24 Sep 21 @ 5:49 pm
Another issue I've noticed is that when Tidal lists several people as the artist, with a comma in between, VDJ appears to be removing everything after the first comma.

Example - The Secret Garden is listed on Tidal as by Quincy Jones, Barry White, Al B Sure, James Ingram, El DeBarge. VDJ only shows it as by Quincy Jones.

Worse still, Tidal lists Sam & Dave or McFadden & Whitehead as Sam, Dave or McFadden, Whitehead but VDJ only shows Sam or McFadden.

Mensajes Fri 24 Sep 21 @ 6:14 pm
groovindj wrote :
Another issue I've noticed is that when Tidal lists several people as the artist, with a comma in between, VDJ appears to be removing everything after the first comma.

This is still happening.

Mensajes Fri 10 Dec 21 @ 10:14 am
@adion can you respond please?

Mensajes Tue 14 Dec 21 @ 6:59 pm
Will check. I'm not sure about Tidal, but I remember one of the other providers also supplying multiple names, but there they were less relevant (the real name of a dj, or all the members of a group) which wouldn't be expected and clutter the artist field.

Mensajes Fri 17 Dec 21 @ 12:28 pm
Thanks!

Mensajes Fri 17 Dec 21 @ 4:54 pm
groovindj wrote :
why is the right click scan option so slow with streaming files, when compared with loading them to decks one by one?

There seems to be a 30 second delay between each scan.

Normal file scanning is much faster than loading decks, and works on multiple files simultaneously.

This is still very much the case.

Selecting files from a Tidal playlist and doing a right click analysis is extremely slow.

It's faster for me to manually grab each track and load it to a deck.

Why is the analysis so slow?

FYI I have a full fibre (FTTP) gigabit internet connection, so it's not related to connection speed.

Mensajes Sun 05 Jun 22 @ 9:27 am
Tidal is indeed limited to 2 songs per minute to prevent getting blocked for abuse.
There should also be less need for scanning all tracks in advance now that bpm and key is should be available for many tracks.

Mensajes Sun 05 Jun 22 @ 11:03 am
Two songs per minute? Then why am I able to drag and drop (or double click) tracks to the decks much faster than that, and they analyse & load?

Yes, lots of tracks do have BPM and key data when I access a playlist - but not all of them. It's the remainder (today it was 37 tracks) that need analysing. Also I find some of the pre-loading data is wrong (it changes when I load the track).

Mensajes Sun 05 Jun 22 @ 1:49 pm
I just tried scanning a Tidal playlist in Rekordbox. There don't seem to be any restrictions. It scanned around 90 tracks in just over 3 minutes. Doing the same in VDJ would take 45 minutes!

Mensajes Fri 10 Jun 22 @ 6:35 pm