Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Auto syncing on pitch
Hi there,

Ive not used VDJ in about 3 years, but have started again. I have this really irritating thing where when you load a song into the other deck it auto syncs the pitch with the song playing, and vice versa.. Ive not idea why anyone would want this as a fuction, as literally every song is now playing at the same BPM.

How do I stop this happening? I have the Virtual DJ software from around 3/4 years ago if that helps.

I would like to sync songs as a one off, but not all the time. It looks like when I press sync for a certain song, it syncs the pitch for every song!

Thanks!

Mensajes Thu 12 Aug 21 @ 3:20 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
More often than not, I'll beatmix I suppose a good proportion of djs do,
but not everybody so options..

autoBPM
smartPlay
turn both these off

Mensajes Thu 12 Aug 21 @ 3:32 pm
Thanks for the reply! I had AutoBPM turned off, but it was still happening. I will try it with SmartPlay also turned off.

I dont want to disable sync, but it is a little irritating when you do sync 1 song and then everything there after has the pitch austo syncing!

Thanks!

Mensajes Thu 12 Aug 21 @ 3:36 pm
Nope - still the same problem! I don’t get how this could benefit anyone!

Mensajes Thu 12 Aug 21 @ 3:55 pm
go into options select the automation tab and share a screenshot.

Mensajes Thu 12 Aug 21 @ 3:58 pm
Screenshot 1

Mensajes Thu 12 Aug 21 @ 4:10 pm
Screenshot 2

Mensajes Thu 12 Aug 21 @ 4:10 pm
The only way I can see how to stop it is to click on the lock icon next to each deck everytime I want to sync something, but surely you shouldn’t have to do that everytime? It only takes a lapse in concentration and you have a song playing at totally the wrong BPM from an earlier track you’ve played

Mensajes Thu 12 Aug 21 @ 4:12 pm
Oh right beatlock, you don't really want that on at all, it's a function mainly for scratch and juggling.
It can be used for beat mixing but that was never the intended use. [I've seen it used as a 'hand holder' but it's more a hindrance when used for straight beatmixing]

to be honest I can't remember if it ever was a "saved across sessions" setting, I don't think it was, so I can't figure out why it would always be on.

turn it off on all decks and leave it off [I think scratch panel has buttons for it, but I don't know the skin you're using]

It took me a while to even recognise what you were describing in the skin [how old a skin are you using] [also why build 5647? over a year old now]

Mensajes Thu 12 Aug 21 @ 5:16 pm
Hi mate - thank you very much for your help! Appreciate it!

I think I’ve worked it out now. Phew!

Mensajes Thu 12 Aug 21 @ 5:26 pm