Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Wav Tags
SwatabiPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hello,
I have a folder including wav files which have tags eg title, artis, year, and when i set this folder as favorite, most of the tags are not loaded to VDJ. How can i have them as complete?

Thanks in advance

Mensajes Wed 25 Aug 21 @ 9:11 pm
Unfortunately WAV files don't officially have tags (metadata).
There are some implementations to allow wav files have some sort of simple metadata, but they are not following a typical standard system (because such system does not exist).
Therefore the situation with tag data on wav files is a hit or miss one.

The quick way to get around it is to use tag editor to grab the basic metadata (artist - title) from the filenames of the files.
The other way is to manually type the missing info.
PS: In the tag editor as long as Artist & Track fields are filled, you can use the "Get missing info from Discogs" option in order to try and fill the rest fields automatically

Mensajes Thu 26 Aug 21 @ 7:04 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Do you see the tags in the tag editor?

Mensajes Thu 26 Aug 21 @ 8:09 am
Thanks for your replies,
Titles and the artists are available in tag editor but the year field is empty. I need to have them.
Converting the files to FLAC (with the tags if possible) may be a solution I think, are you aware of any software than can convert wav files with their tags?

Regards,
Suat

Mensajes Thu 26 Aug 21 @ 8:40 am
Thanks

Mensajes Thu 26 Aug 21 @ 9:15 am
If the songs are known, use the option "Fill missing info from discogs" in the tag editor as PhantomDeejay said. It should get the Metadata. Otherwise you can add/remove/modify the Metadata by yourself using tag editor, locally (only for your virtual DJ database) or write the tag directly to the file. With a search you can find tons of online and software free & paid for converting wav to flac

Mensajes Fri 10 Sep 21 @ 4:31 pm