Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: New computer, missing BPM's and last played date?
As per this article:
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20to%20Transfer%20To%20A%20New%20Computer.html
I'd gotten a new notebook, the old one ran Windows 10 Pro as does the new one and music was in C:\Users\Chris\Music and while the article says "Copy the entire /Users/YourUsername/VirtualDJ folder from your old computer to the new one." there doesn't appear to be a /users/Chris/VirtualDJ folder but there is a C:\Users\Chris\Documents\VirtualDJ folder which I copied in it's entirety. Now I don't really care about the bpm's since I can just rescan but I do care about the last played date which appears to be missing. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and what I need to copy from the old computer to the new computer?

Mensajes Thu 09 Sep 21 @ 11:00 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
/users/Chris/VirtualDJ is MAC folder representation format
C:\Users\Chris\Documents\VirtualDJ is Windows folder representation

As said BPMs and Last played date are in the database

sometimes there are strange reactions :

if you copied files using VDJ, to external disk, you lost the date because "First seen" apply to new drive
if copied by OS file date on disk may differ due to copy process so that VDJ may not recognize the file
if folders are not exactly the same location (i.e.: user name differs) you loose everything, VDJ rescan

but both exist in database where initial ones with infos present are missing

you can filter by missing (exists = 0) and select all and relocate missing files
then filter by "days since first view <= 1" and remove from database (not delete)

Mensajes Thu 09 Sep 21 @ 11:33 pm
Two things, I keep my music at home on a Windows Server shared drive and I add and delete music from that (I don't really delete music just move it to a folder called UnPopular) and I routinely, rather than trying to figure out what's new and whats moved to UnPopular (which I don't copy to my notebook) I delete the contents of my music folder and just copy the contents of the shared music drive on the server to the notebooks C:\Users\Chris\Music folder and I've been doing this for years from the server to my old notebook and never experienced this problem. Second, I copied my documents directory and any other things to a flash drive and then copied them to the new notebook prior to installing VDJ on the new computer which would have included the C:\Users\Chris\Documents\VirtualDJ.

I played for the first time using the new notebook tonight and aside from the last played also missing are my cue points and pitch adjustments. I can retry copying the VirtualDJ folder from documents to documents, it's a little too late here for me to see if there's a virtual folder C:\Users\Chris\VirtualDJ but I looked with Windows Explorer set to show hidden files and folders and I didn't see a virtual folder in that location when I looked earlier.

Mensajes Fri 10 Sep 21 @ 3:19 am
I double checked on both the old and new notebook computers and there is no virtual folder under Users/Chris called "VirtualDJ":

I recopied the C:\Users\Chris\Documents\VirtualDJ folder from the old to the new and now my queue points and last played are back so that's all fixed and I'm not sure why it didn't work right in the first place.

Mensajes Sat 11 Sep 21 @ 1:02 am