Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Using Two Workstations
I own two Windows systems. One, a laptop that I have dedicated to performances; two, a desktop with more powerful hardware and larger screen. I like to do my prep work (setting cue points, tag editing, ect) on the desktop using VDJ along with other tools.

My inquiry is this: what do I need to do to ensure all my work done on my desktop is then synchronized with my laptop?

One step is that I have Microsoft One Drive that synchronizes file folders of my choosing. This works with keeping VDJ files coordinated, but I don't know how VDJ writes and keeps tracks of its database. Example: file paths are different between the desktop and the laptop, if VDJ is trying to connect cue point information from the database to a song, will it "lose" that link because the song files are on a differently labeled drive?

Thank you.

Mensajes Thu 16 Sep 21 @ 6:41 pm
Just use an external SSD (I use the Samsung T5 ones) and a program like Synchredible.

Also means that your SSD doubles as a backup drive too.

Just make sure the music folder path is the same on both PCs otherways the database won't locate the files on the other machine

Mensajes Thu 16 Sep 21 @ 6:45 pm