Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: MANDATORY READING
So been a pro user for one year. Searching the forum for solutions via Google and Youtube.
It all says. Check or uncheck your math engine. Change your Power settings. GPU or CPU etc
Update your drivers. Why does it crash?

Solution is more simpler than that.

Input and output must be the same

Windows by default have 48000Khz and 24 to 32 bits to your soundcard.
Your mp3's are ripped from your CD's or downloaded to 44100 16-bit
This makes your CPU render all your files into the soundcard default setting. Takes the a lot of power but most laptops can handle it today without crash since it is a relative small files today and Core in cpu is must faster. Windows 98 config it is and bigger cores just handle it without notice.

Same with video files.

I never figured out why my old machine could handle some of the videofiles extraordinary and some of them made Virtual DJ to crash. All of them was in same resolution and about same bitrate, so why?

Well my output is 720P and a bitrate around 3000K with a FPS with 30 images per second.
If I put in a videofile with 1080P, 8000 bps and 60 fps. Sure CPU or GPU has to render this to fit my output and crash.
Same with lower quality. Most Youtube videos are in 25 FPS so graphics has to render this into 30 FPS (29,97) and made my Virtual Dj to crash cause my 2 GB dual GPU couldn't handle it. Don't matter if I had tweak the settings with "Math Engine, Extra Power, updated drivers etc"

So when today tested to only play videos that have same input as output it went flawless.

Once again.
Have your input equal to output
Makes your machine work smoother

Haven't found any of this information in Virtual Dj forums or tutorials. Guess it solves a lot of problems and should be mandatory reading when installing your Virtual Dj for the first time, especially when windows have forced default settings in 48000 khz with soundcard. (like it mathers, well it does. A ridiculous setting for DVD's)

Mensajes Fri 17 Sep 21 @ 8:02 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What specs is that machine exactly?
Resizing from 1080p to 720p by itself is something that any gpu in the past 20 years can do easily.

Decoding a larger file does require more power but that should be no reason for a crash either.
By default vdj does use the gpu to speed up decoding, and for this it is important that the graphics drivers are updated.

Mensajes Sat 18 Sep 21 @ 3:14 am
Well,

Intel® Core™ i7-4702MQ
8 gb ram DDR3
dual graphic cards:
Chipset Intel HM86 Express
Graphic Processor Intel HD 4600 & AMD Radeon HD8750

Resize isn't the problem. It is the FPS that makes some kind of conflict.

Here's a video showing what is happening. Playing a 720p 30 FPS, 2000 kbps file.
33 seconds in I just load same video with 1080p setting and 25 FPS, 3300 Kbps

Preview window starts to flicker and restarts every 0,5 second and CPU load goes from 18% to 46-50%
Have no problem to play that videofile in a normal windows video player.

You will see mouse cursor going everywhere in the screen to try to close and unload the file when preview window overrides the screen

Mensajes Sat 18 Sep 21 @ 3:18 pm
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
get more ram? i havent used 8gb in 15 years. if you are using a laptop. depending on the model. you might easily be able to open the bottom and add one more 8gb chip.

Mensajes Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 10:16 am