Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Cannot connect Denon DN-X500 mixer to virtual DJ
Hi guys!

I have a DN-X500 mixer and DN-HC4500 controller. The controller is working fine, but it seems that the mixer isn't recieving any signals. I hear the music playing when I'm changing to an external sound-device with my headphones plugged in, but as soon as I plug my headphones into the mixer and change sound output, nothing. I am using line 5 & 6 from the controller, but zero signals when I'm using those inputs on the mixer.

Thanks in advance.

Mensajes Tue 28 Sep 21 @ 3:26 pm
Yes that's a bit of a thing indeed with your set-up: the HC4500 has only two dedicated outputs for the two decks only which you respectively connect to an analog mixer. This way it is only possible to pfl deck 1 and 2, when they are loaded. You can't use the preview player with only these two stereo connections from the HC4500, since there is not a physical extra preview (5/6) output channel (and the software does not communicate with the X500 by midi anyway, so the software does not know by any means when a pfl button on the mixer is pushed and is asked to send audio to the pfl channel anyway). So, if you want to use the built-in audio-interface of the HC4500, you need to use a second audio-interface to connect the pfl/preview-player channel to a free input (of which you keep the fader closed at all times) on the X500 for pfl the channels (set it to automaticly switch deck-pfl when loading). Please note that you choose another multi-channel driver than Asio in this scenario, because Asio doesn't allow an application to lock to more than one soundcard on windows. In my opinion it would be best for you to use a single external 8-channel (USB) audio interface connected to the X500 with VDJ in external mixer-mode. In this case you can use the 2 HC4500 decks, but also the sampler and the pfl/previewplayer on the 4 stereo channels of your analog mixer. I worked back in the days with such a setup with a Denon DN-X900 mixer, a Numark DMC2 controller and a ESI Gigaport HD interface (kind of similar setup)...

p.s. Not sure if it would be possible to route the preview player in VDJ automatically to an empty (not in use) deck for previewing in the browser. Perhaps by script?

Mensajes Tue 28 Sep 21 @ 6:50 pm
Thanks for your time, my friend.

My mixer is still non-reactive to virtual DJ. I get "your mixer is not a MIDI" text when opening virtual DJ. I feel like there is a much bigger fundamental issue here, or what am I missing?

What is the best thing to do with what I have right now? Is there any way to make my DN-X500 mixer send signals to virtual DJ and do a DJ gig with crossfading or something, without having to pre-listen songs? Just sending deck A to channel 1 and deck B to channel 2, and play the songs through my speakers?

And in that case, should I plugin my speakers directly to the mixer, or should I use my external sound card?

Cheers.

Mensajes Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 11:31 am
EDIT: I'm reading the manual, it says that you need a soundcard with 2 stereo outputs. My DN-X500 mixer won't do anything without it being connected through a soundcard first. I have line 1 & 2 from the controller to the mixer, and I have 2 xlr cables to each speaker from the master output on the mixer. Still no audio from the mixer to speaker.

Thanks in advance.

Mensajes Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 4:19 pm
It's solved! I used RCA cables instead to my speakers. Now the real question is, why didn't my XLR cables do the job?

Mensajes Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 5:39 pm