Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: MIDI clock and beat grids
psyphaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi,

I have a question regarding the creation of beat anchors in material with a long duration 15+ minutes. Let’s say over the course of a 20 minute track there are adjustments in tempo +/- 5 bpm.
I am familiar with sending out MIDI clock from Virtual DJ (I use a Yamaha UX16 usb to MIDI). From there I link into a MIDI thru box, to this box I connect a Korg Triton Extreme, a Roland MC707 and a Roland TR-8S in parallel.
Naturally I will be looking to keep each device synced to the track playing in VDJ. Has anyone tried something similar and made anchor bpm points that will vary the MIDI clock rate sent out from VDJ?

Essentially I used Cubase Pro to mix tracks together using the music mode and elastique time stretch algorithm. I wanted to retain each track’s native bpm and then use the Cubase tempo track in ramp mode to adjust the tempo of the outgoing track and that of the incoming track over say 16 measures.

Therefore there will be periods where the bpm is continuous (each track was slightly stretched/condensed to round up or down to a whole integer bpm), then at certain points there will be a rise or fall of bpm between tracks as I mentioned above.

So in theory, set bpm of first track, set anchor at point of mix, set anchors at each measure of mix duration, set further anchor at end point of mixout. Essentially repeating this process for each track mix point that forms this composite track.

Mensajes Mon 18 Oct 21 @ 9:16 am