Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: VDJ crashing, log files?
Hi,

So after 10 years of using VDJ i experienced a crash twice yesterday, wondering what it could be and if i can find the log files. first it crashed when i selected "mono" output in the middle of a set since the recording was poor on one channel. the song kept playing but i lost all midi control to my American audio versadeck. had to restart VDJ to gain control, second time it happened while i was loading a track to the right deck, vdj froze and sound cut off. again had to restart. any help would be appreciated. FYI i have always used the versadeck on private events since 2014

Device specs

Device name Chadster
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
Device ID EE9545F2-AD75-47FD-8145-51A0CF7CEFAE
Product ID 00330-52719-87221-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Touch support with 5 touch points

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎2021-‎03-‎13
OS build 19042.1288
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

VDJ build V 8.5_64 b6747

Mensajes Sun 07 Nov 21 @ 3:03 pm
Bump

Mensajes Tue 09 Nov 21 @ 4:05 pm
Crash reports get set to Atomix support automatically, if you are online at the time, and you have the default settings set

Mensajes Tue 09 Nov 21 @ 4:16 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Since in both cases you mentioned there was no crash (since you said you could still manually restart), no crash report was logged either.

Mensajes Tue 09 Nov 21 @ 4:38 pm
Adion wrote :
Since in both cases you mentioned there was no crash (since you said you could still manually restart), no crash report was logged either.

well both times when the controller got stuck i closed VDJ, if thats what u mean.

Mensajes Tue 09 Nov 21 @ 4:42 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
Crash reports get set to Atomix support automatically, if you are online at the time, and you have the default settings set

do u know the setting sir?

Mensajes Tue 09 Nov 21 @ 4:42 pm
having exact same issue .... what controller are you using? Im using a ddj sx... I went as far as to replace all cables , take the computer in to be tested and had it cleaned too. Its like since the sound car layout changed something else changed too. in all modes i only get 2 min before I crash . Some times i don't even get that far.

Mensajes Wed 10 Nov 21 @ 9:07 pm
Stretchincanada wrote :
having exact same issue .... what controller are you using? Im using a ddj sx... I went as far as to replace all cables , take the computer in to be tested and had it cleaned too. Its like since the sound car layout changed something else changed too. in all modes i only get 2 min before I crash . Some times i don't even get that far.

this was an american audio versadeck, but after the 2nd restart it played nice all night. first was when i switched the sound to mono in VDJ, i have a custom button mapped for that when i go into venues that have a mono setup, next was when i loaded a track into the right deck. but i restarted both the controller and the VDJ, then it played nice for the rest of the 2 hours.

Mensajes Wed 10 Nov 21 @ 10:42 pm
So the same issue yesterday. 4 hour set in the 3rd hour vdj got stuck. No sound just stuck. Closer vdj and open back up and played till close without any issues. This time it's a ddj sb3. Anyway to know what is happening. On the latest build.

Mensajes Sat 02 Apr 22 @ 6:49 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Do you use ASIO?
Could you take screenshots of your audio parameters and post them here?

Mensajes Sun 03 Apr 22 @ 10:18 am
djcel wrote :
Do you use ASIO?
Could you take screenshots of your audio parameters and post them here?

Well the SB3 does not have ASIO Drivers so its set to WASAPI

Mensajes Mon 04 Apr 22 @ 3:08 pm