Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Copying Skin Layout Settings from Crashed Drive
Hi all,

Had an issue with Windows where it totally crapped out and I can't get login into my old Windows installation. I still can access the files on the hard drive, however. I've re-installed Windows and VDJ, copied over the files from my old "users/me/documents/VirtualDJ" to the new computer and most everything came over great (I got my old history, playlists, etc)...

Couple things I can't figure out how to transfer though:

- I had a skin (SilverSleek #3) that I was using. The skin transferred over fine but none of the layout or shortcut buttons or macros I had configured transferred over. I had a bunch of things configured and can't for the life of me figure out where those configurations would be set to move them over.

- I had my Radio Server settings all configured as well and those did not transfer over. Not a huge deal to re-configure the servers I use, but if there's a directory I missed or something, it'd save a bit of time.

Mensajes Fri 19 Nov 21 @ 5:41 am
Nevermind, figured it out. Somehow at some point I had started saving all my VDJ things to OneDrive, so it wasn't on the old hard drive, it was on OneDrive... Restored from OneDrive and boom, all set!

Mensajes Fri 19 Nov 21 @ 6:03 am
Just FYI: All the information you're asking is skin independent and is stored inside "settings.xml" file on your VirtualDJ home directory.
As the name suggests, this file holds ALL VirtualDJ settings and options!

Mensajes Fri 19 Nov 21 @ 9:11 am
I was thinking that would have been the case. Just couldn't figure out why it wasn't coming over... Then I noticed the last updated date on the files and they were pretty old and figured it out from there.

Thanks for the quick note, hopefully will help anyone else out that ends up in the same boat. You move that folder over and the settings.xml file and should be good as gold :)

Mensajes Fri 19 Nov 21 @ 3:36 pm
I have cleaned up Windows Laptop version of my Virtual DJ with . I have a Macbook pro. I would like to know if this can be transferred from the Window to laptop. I am a current license user of VirtualDJ 2020 PRO Subscriber: Does this help in any way?

Mensajes Sat 19 Feb 22 @ 1:52 pm