Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: No software master level signal using Roland Dj-808
Hi Guys,

I am using the latest Firmware and drivers for the Roland dj 808 on the latest Windows 11 build. The only way I can play the master track and cue the next track ,using the cue knob turned left to cue, is by having the cue mix setting in the vdj master tab set to zero. However, this now means the software master level on vdj does not work. The master level and all channel levels show on the hardware (Roland 808) and all buttons and sound work fine, it's just the master level in the software that doesn't work. Only way it does is if the cue mix level is on 100 percent in the softwares master, but then I can't separate the playing track sound from the track I wish to cue.

Hope someone can help, this is driving me nuts! The controller is brand new and this was no problem on my previous pioneer ddj sx2 I used previously. Thanks for any help.

Mensajes Tue 25 Jan 22 @ 9:55 pm
The DJ-808 "bypasses" software master. As it output separate decks and mixes externally in the hardware on the controller . The master blend, volume etc is hence done there externally.

You should use the master on the controller, as well as headphone mix and level knobs there
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/roland/dj808/layout/frontrear.html

The DDJ-SX2 operates differently, where the software outputs master + headphones, and operates internally in software

Mensajes Tue 25 Jan 22 @ 10:46 pm
Hi Rune, Thank you so much. You're a life saver! I spent 4 hours trying to test different settings! So I am presuming, as I have zero db set to -3 , that I don't really go much above 2 orange lights on my master level with the master knob set at 12 o' clock ?

Are there any other tips you know about this controller. I had done my research but hadn't found this. It will s a fantastic controller too. Also, thanks to you guys, there was a great tip on setting the sampler volume higher too, thanks guys.

Mensajes Wed 26 Jan 22 @ 12:15 am
SepatroPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Hello, I also purchased the DJ-808 this week - still discovering how to use it, but it would be fun to exchange experiences!

Mensajes Wed 26 Jan 22 @ 11:12 am
Hi Vdj,
I have been blown away by the quality of this controller. I have owned Denon controllers and the excellent Pioneer ddj sx2 but the Roland wins hands down. The fact they use Steinberg sound drivers straight away tells you how good the sound and the drivers are going to be . Not like the drivers on Denon mc7000 that I just could not get to work at all with vdj.

The mic input for the Roland is the best I have ever heard on a controller too. Everything just seems to work really well with vdj on this controller. Make sure you update the firmware correctly too. Sounds weird but you have to upgrade the firmware and then reset the controller. Been testing it hard for 4 days now and zero problems apart from finding the info here.

The hardware effects on the Roland are great too. Going to start learning the drum machine very soon. So far, imo, I wouldn't use any other companies controllers other than Roland, excellent kit.

Mensajes Sat 29 Jan 22 @ 2:27 am