Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: CDJ cue scratch
Based on this CDJ demo (it's in Danish but you'll get):

...I did a mapping a while back to emulate it:

... but is there an even easier way to do this.
Like something you can just enable?

Mensajes Fri 28 Jan 22 @ 7:28 pm
No. It can only be achieved by remapping.
Main reason is that on CDJ's the playback "needle" returns to the cue-point after you release the jog while the deck was not on "play" state.
If you want an even better technical explanation, CDJ's have "3" states:
1) Playback
2) Paused
3) Cued (deck stopped on a cue-point)
VirtualDJ has only 2 states, "Playback" and "Paused"
The "Cued" state in VirtualDJ is just a "sub-state" of paused state.
While technically there are not many differences between how CDJs and VirtualDJ handle these states, there is a major difference:
How you switch from one mode to another..
In CDJ's you can't get out of "Cued" mode without going to "Playback" mode first.
In other words in CDJs while the deck is "cued" you need to press "play" and enter playback mode in order to escape from it. Otherwise the deck will return to the cue-point it was "cued" no matter what you do (in this case scratch with the jog).
On VirtualDJ though, you can escape the "cued" mode just by moving the playback needle (by scratching with the jog for example)

Mensajes Fri 28 Jan 22 @ 7:52 pm
klausmogensen wrote :

...I did a mapping a while back to emulate it:

This is really useful thanks for sharing. Still learning my way around vdj tbh. Just wondering what the other customs your have set up and if there is a list of the useful ones somewhere? (I appreciate it probably depends on which controller you have though as some maybe work arounds).

Mensajes Wed 16 Feb 22 @ 8:36 am

Mensajes Wed 16 Feb 22 @ 9:26 am