Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: RANE 72 MK1, EQ and Effects reset
Hi, I just bought a RANE 72, everything great with VDJ except when I load a new song, EQ, STEMS and Effects staying like on the song before...I am speaking about VDJ effects, not onboard RANE Hardware FX. I was trying some options but nothing to do, on the screen they reset (showing also the previous position) but the new song is still affected...this so bad because the mixer has a terrible colours design and in the dark always happens to forgive some knob turned wrongly. Somebody can help me? The mixer is updated to the last firmaware and VDJ too. With my NUMARK NS7 III not this problem.
Thanks in advance :)

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 5:04 pm
ΕQ is hardware controlled.
Stems and Effects should reset based on your settings.
However you need to keep in mind that Seventy Two supports POST fader effects. Which means that they leave trails even after they are turned off, until they fade out, if the "fxProcessing" setting is set to 'post-fader'

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 5:17 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
ΕQ is hardware controlled.

Hi, yes, post-fader is something I want. The problem is that all these VDJ parameter not resetting properly.
I load a new song and still accappella...
Offcourse in automation options I have all the RESET functions selected...same setting of the NUMARK and other controllers I have. Only with RANE happening this problem :(((

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 5:22 pm
resetStemsOnLoad is set to "ALL" then ?

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 6:03 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
resetStemsOnLoad is set to "ALL" then ?

YES sir, I was also trying to set, off, and ON again but nothing :(((
Maybe I should try to map by myself the 72 fx buttons. I only need for VDJ, I dont care other functions.
I have exactly what I need in VDJ :)))

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 7:12 pm
One thing I noticed was rather strange. When I load the next song (for example I had set the stems to get the pure accappella) the song sounds almost entirely as if the mixer tones are added to those of VDJ (which remained in with the STEMS set by the previous song). .when I put the knobs back in place, the song returns to its full EQ. But apart from the deficient frequencies, it also plays before putting everything back in place. Very strange.

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 7:21 pm
I should show it to some VDJ technician. Maybe something wrong in AUDIO settings :(

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 7:21 pm
Seventy-Two operates as an external "hardware" mixer. Therefore you can't really use it's EQ controls for stems separation. If you choose to do so, the Seventy-Two mixer will still apply regular EQ over whichever stems sound you send to each deck.
So, for Seventy-Two you should either use only the pads, or get a MIDI subcontroller with enough knobs that can be mapped/remapped to be used with stems.

The correct audio setup for the mixer can be found here:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/rane/72/installation.html

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 7:38 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Seventy-Two operates as an external "hardware" mixer. Therefore you can't really use it's EQ controls for stems separation.

This crazy...but in serato looks working perfectly. If like this I am very disappointed...this mixer cost like a motorbike...thanks anyway

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 7:54 pm
Serato offers stems separation ?
And no software can bypass any hardware limitations. I mean that since EQ is applied by the mixer hardware, EQ reset on load cannot be used with either VirtualDJ or Serato (and I'm not even sure if Serato has such an option)

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 8:36 pm
Not STEMS, I was speaking about EQ...but maybe serato is only showing how the knobs moving on the mixer. :(

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 8:55 pm