Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Numark Party Mix MKII Controller
I have version 6067 and looking in list it is not showing Numark Party Mix MKII - I see Party Mix and Party Mix Pro.

Can someone tell me if this version does support the MK2/MKII Party Mix.

My friend has version 6747 and latest 6800 and on those it actually shows in the list.

So is it on the list somewhere on my version 6067 or is it just not on there and not supported? My friend swears it is there on his 6067 version???

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 5:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 6:03 pm
So 6067 does not support the "Numark Party Mix MkII" whatsoever and is not on the list of controller license to activate? I'm just trying to clarify as answer from here rather than - just get the new version.

Is there ANY way to get my controller to work on 6067 version - could I custom map it or get some template downloaded for it - if so how?

Also if I was to get the new version and pay for licence as home plus would that licence transfer to upgrades of software going forward. I guess what Im asking is if I pay for licence on one version will I be expected pay again when you release a new version?

Also what is the point of the regional license you have when paying - do they make any difference? I mean - it shows $49 for usa which should be £35 in UK but, its wanting me to pay £46. So I dont know where it converting or which exchange it using but, that is very bad and unfair rate. If I chose to pay for licence in different country does it lock the software somehow to that region or ? I mean If I can get the license cheaper by paying in different currency right - why not? Its for home anyway and to be honest the fact that its for home I think controllers should just work and not have to be paid for in my opinion. Im sure many will say oh but, then all the pro's will say they work from home. Well Im sure if there was a fine for not having a license in a professional use then that would put most pro's off from being found without license - getting fine and known as pirate cheapskate. Sure you could have a way to have software track its location and send this back to you every time its used in a log. You would soon know if its being used just in a bedroom or a pub or at some concert from that. I mean honestly at this point what it to stop a pro just licencing his one set decks perhaps for the $49 as a home plus user and still going to play a huge gig. I mean are there VDJ license police patrolling festivals - lol asking djs to provide their username and key or having some authority to check their laptop ? Seems crazy.
I understand you want to make money off the pros who do use it and rightly so but, there must be better way to implement it to save charging us home enthusiasts to just plug in a piece of hardware which we own and is supported.
I mean honestly what to stop us not using any external equipment and going to a festival with just the laptop and pay NO licence... its all very odd I feel.
I guess you have made the line based on just if people are using a controller with it but, if that is the route you keep to which kinda does make a little sense since pros will mostly be plugging external things in then maybe base it on what the thing is they are trying to activate. Im sure there are not many pros out doing festivals etc. using only a Numark Party Mix... perhaps break them up into stuff that is OBVIOUSLY for beginners and then more advanced stuff and then stuff which would only be what pros use. I mean if it was £10 max to activate my controller then I would for sure but, £46 just to plug in and play in my bedroom... too expensive. The problem is sure other software to use but, the bigger problem you have is getting NO money for such and turning people to look at the illegal piracy side of things and then you get NOTHING and they get your whole software. If you brought prices down to more fair based as example I mentioned you would get more takers and Im sure you doing ok to not be bothered or bankrupt by a few of us not paying or maybe turning to dark side but, it could be extra in your pockets for a fairer price.

I dont want a forum war - This is just my opinion!

Thanks

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 11:06 pm
user11085608 wrote :
Also what is the point of the regional license you have when paying - do they make any difference? I mean - it shows $49 for usa which should be £35 in UK but, its wanting me to pay £46. So I dont know where it converting or which exchange it using

20% vat on top, same with everyhing you buy in the UK. The US price has variable state tax on top depending in which state you live in. Quite normal.

user11085608 wrote :
Is there ANY way to get my controller to work on 6067 version - could I custom map it or get some template downloaded for it - if so how?

No, it's not possible. Sounds like your friend is running a cracked version. Enjoy the malware and missing functionality.

user11085608 wrote :
Also if I was to get the new version and pay for licence as home plus would that licence transfer to upgrades of software going forward. I guess what Im asking is if I pay for licence on one version will I be expected pay again when you release a new version?

No, you will get version updates but the program is tied to that one controller.

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 11:39 pm
Even that would be £42 and not £46.

Regardless you not really answer question.

Lets say im in UK - but, I pick erm... some cheap place like Brazil... I find it at cheap price. What is to stop me buying for that region?

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 11:43 pm
Your credit card company or bank. It uses the registered country to calculate tax.

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 11:44 pm
If I find it for £10 and pay 20% tax then I be happy at £12 instead of £46.

I mean does buying the licence for a country with cheaper cost lock me to that country somehow or make it only in that country language - is there anything that would actually prevent me using it say in UK if I paid for licence in Zambia if that worked out cheaper ?

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 11:49 pm
You can't "find it". As stated before whichever method you use to pay will detect you are in the UK and charge accordingly.

If you want to use the software then pay the going rate. If you don't then I'm sure there are free or illegal alternatives.

Mensajes Sun 30 Jan 22 @ 11:53 pm
Well that is hardly a response in my opinion.
The point Im asking AGAIN is if I got hold of the LEGAL version from another country would the licence make any difference. Lets say I am multinational with homes in different countries and different bank and cards etc.

Lets say I buy it with my Zambia Credit card - can I use the software in UK - will it be in English... is there anything that may prevent me doing such? As said - does it lock me in - does it only show me the zambia language... Im curious as to what is exactly stopping or reason for cheaper different licences. I mean Why not just one price for a global licence if that is the case and then its same price regardless where you buy it from plus your Countries tax or whatever.

Mensajes Mon 31 Jan 22 @ 12:09 am
Oh and I am able to purchase Chinese License with UK card for £36 it works out to instead of the £46 it wanted as UK and not showing any tax to be added and viewing FastSpring site which are the resellers of VDJ. So seems you can buy it cheaper... Now Im sure the bank will charge a fee for buying something in Chinese Yuan instead of £ but, I doubt it will add up to £10 lol. So as said - is there anything stopping me making this purchase and then using the software in UK or will it all be in Mandarin with no English language support ?

Mensajes Mon 31 Jan 22 @ 12:28 am
Let's try to clear things up a little:

1) VirtualDJ price for ANY license is the same (and has been kept constant for several years) all around the world.
2) What's different between each country are the taxes and in some cases currency exchange fees.
3) VirtualDJ price as I mentioned is the same and constant, but the price is always asked in US dolars.
4) This means that depending on the current currency exchange rates and fees the price may fluactate a little over time.
5) If you are able to pull any kind of scam with your bank to purchase in other currency/country/region that's your problem. Not VirtualDJ's. VirtualDJ doesn't care as long as it gets the price it asks in US dolars.
6) VirtualDJ does't handle the bank transactions itself. As with every other digital purchase you make, the transaction is handled by a specialized company that does exactly that: Processes payments and bank transactions in behalf of it's customers (e-shops e.t.c.) FastSpring that you mentioned above, is exactly that. A company that handles bank transactions. NOT a reseller!
7) VirtualDJ (as a piece of software) is the same for all users internationally. If you purchase VirtualDJ in China it won't be a "special" version, nor everything will be in "Mandarin". In fact the language you see on it's GUI is based on the OS language the first time you launch the software (and then you can still change it to whatever you like)
8) All VirtualDJ licenses provide free updates to latest version. You don't get to pay to update from version 8.5 to 8.6 for instance.
9) Other limitations do exist for each kind of license you purchase. Even the full "PRO Infinity" license has some limitations that you should be aware of.

Mensajes Mon 31 Jan 22 @ 11:20 am