Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Virtual DJ Keeps losing song info in database *solved*
I've been having a really annoying problem for awhile, and I couldn't find anyone else mentioning this problem online. I finally figured it out today and thought I'd post in case someone else has this issue someday.

The problem was that I would add new songs and categorize and color code them. Then later I'd open Virtual DJ again and that information was missing. It didn't happen every time, but it was very frequent. It's been driving me nuts.

I sync my library on OneDrive between two computers- my desktop at home and my laptop that I bring to DJ. I use HardLinkShellExt_X64 on Windows to make symbolic links so that my OneDrive Library and Virtual DJ folder are in C:\DJ on both computers. This has worked very well for over a year. I started having problems when I got a new desktop, although I didn't realize it at the time.

The conflict, I finally realized, was that on my desktop, my OneDrive was on my D:\ drive. That doesn't matter, because I put a symbolic link at C:\DJ. However, I also made a symbolic link at D:\DJ (I don't know why, it was a mistake). When I was restoring a backup database and opening , I found that when the database had links to songs at D:\DJ instead of C:\DJ, Virtual DJ automatically changed them to C:\ and also deleted some tags from <Infos> like UserColor.

When I deleted the D:\DJ symbolic link, the problem resolved. So basically, if you sync between two computers using symbolic links, make sure you don't mistakenly make confusing paths- make sure your music is always at the same path. Hope this helps anyone with the same problem!

Mensajes Wed 16 Feb 22 @ 4:36 pm