Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Recorded on video Bug of Jog Sens in 8.5. - Page: 2
have the developers read the problem? have you started doing something?

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 7:14 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Not yet

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 8:28 am
Which controller did you use? What are the jogSensitivity settings and jogVibration settings set at?
Also, can you log in and make a post with the account that has your VirtualDJ license?

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 12:22 pm
ADION
Are you kidding me?

are you going to ask this a hundred times each?

see topics!!!!!
even scratching with the mouse in skin is just as bug

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 2:22 pm
If you keep opening new topics then of course I won't be able to find the other information.

Anyway, we tested here with cdj2000nxs2, several Numark controllers as well as mouse scratching on several machines but were not able to reproduce so far.

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 2:24 pm
ADION

test as on video

so you are not carefully testing and comparing with version 8.4 or serato

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 2:27 pm
We did test as in your video, but like I said even the smallest/fastest movements are correctly registered.

Since you mentioned in the other topic that using jogwheel action instead of touchwheel does not have the problem, that indicates that the frequency that your controller sends data to the computer is slower than it's supposed to be.

What computer do you use, and which latency is shown in the audio tab of config?

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 2:41 pm
Adion: I can reproduce something that could be the case. But its not always:
Load a track, 0 on pitch, scratch with mouse = Reacts perfect. Pitch down to -50, scratch = little slugish, move pitch back to 0 = still slugish. Restart VirtualDJ, load same track= Reacts perfect.
Happens one time of 10. I have it on video. Upload soon

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 3:43 pm
You can see in the video that the mouse and sound reacts sluggish after the pitch has changes from 0 to -45 and back to 0. But not again after restart. Very rare. I couldnt reproduce one more time.

https://youtu.be/JuqfQxPAFyk

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 3:59 pm
I found the relationship of the error.I'll post a video now.

If the wheel gets into a certain speed, then after that the mouse scratch proves that the movement of the wave always becomes smeared.

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 4:14 pm

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 4:24 pm
At a low speed scratch, there is a moment when you feel a delay. You need to feel this speed with the mouse cursor (or jogwheel controller), catch the moment and stop scratching.

Then move the mouse cursor to the wave and make sure that it reacts badly to the scratch.

I checked on different skins and where there is no wheel for mouse. Then I connected the controller and caught this moment with it. Stop jogwheel on controoler. Then I made sure with the mouse on the wave of this skin.

It turns out that the problem is not in the skin. The problem is a certain speed of the rotation signal, where the failure begins.

PS - test Win 10x64 and Win 11x64 (VDJ x32 and x64)

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 4:42 pm
Yes i can confirm and reproduce the mouse delay with not changing the pitch as on the video . Only turning the wheel on the skin a few times.
Btw: Macbook, MacOS Catalina, built in skin and latest VDJ version.

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 4:54 pm
This bug has been tested in this way and is also caught in version 8.4 (5609).
But very much less often, and the delay does not look so big.
Therefore, it was difficult to notice it at 8.4.

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 5:34 pm
It would be nice if my text was "not" deleted ;-)
I also tried again with the mouse.
Start VDJ and use the "scratchwave".
Everything great.
Set a cue point (no hotcue).
Everything great.
Go once with the mouse on the jog - -----> scratch.
IMMEDIATELY I have a delay - IMMEDIATELY!!!
I only get rid of this when I restart VDJ...
I have tested this process several times (without a controller and only with a mouse).
If I just use the "scratchwave" everything seems to be ok for me.
Maybe my doing helps to solve the problem.

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 8:22 pm
ahh
use:
v8.5-64 b6839

Mensajes Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 9:50 pm
Steal the scratch algorithm code from Serato )))

It would be even better to add a selection of the scratch algorithm. Choose in settings a scratch algorithm from serato or tractor and so on.

Mensajes Thu 24 Feb 22 @ 12:55 am
Steal the scratch algorithm code from Serato )))

It would be even better to add a selection of the scratch algorithm. Choose in settings a scratch algorithm from serato or tractor and so on.

lol that might cause patenting problems

Mensajes Thu 24 Feb 22 @ 2:52 am
2 years and 10 days have passed... and silence

Mensajes Sun 27 Feb 22 @ 2:06 pm
53%