Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Custom Browser Fields
Hello! Is it possible to create new custom browser fields? Or to rename existing ones? I'd like to add some new categories such as LOCATION (what state or country the artist is from), a second GENRE column as many songs fit more than one category, etc. I'm currently using other, unused categories (COMMENT, COMPOSER, etc.) but it would be nice to rename them. Thanks for your help!

Mensajes Wed 18 May 22 @ 6:19 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Mensajes Wed 18 May 22 @ 7:27 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
2 extra is good, but some cases a couple more would help. I'm not even that fussy with tagging and I use both user tags & have to use grouping for 'sticky' plugin.

Mensajes Wed 18 May 22 @ 10:44 pm
locodog wrote :
2 extra is good, but some cases a couple more would help. I'm not even that fussy with tagging and I use both user tags & have to use grouping for 'sticky' plugin.

+1

Mensajes Thu 19 May 22 @ 9:30 am
locodog wrote :

+1

Mensajes Thu 19 May 22 @ 9:50 am
Thanks for the tip! I agree, two is not enough. Frankly, I don't need more options, I just want to rename some of the existing ones. (Not a lot of use for "composer.")

Mensajes Thu 19 May 22 @ 6:05 pm
Keep in mind that the "standard" ones are also written in the tags of your files (if you choose to do so)
Therefore renaming them would create a little mess.
Imagine renaming "Composer" to "Genre" or "Genre2" and then have all this info inside the "composer" field of your tags. It would also get confusing.
Perhaps adding a few more "user" fields can be done. But I don't think renaming "standard" fields is a good idea.

Mensajes Fri 20 May 22 @ 8:57 am