Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Video codecs section / changing video decoder?
kzbkzbHome userMember since 2021
I'm experiencing issues with choppy video on a machine that should be able to cope with video fine. I've found old guides to fixing this involving increasing the video memory limit and changing the video decoder. The former I was able to do in options, but the latter I can't seem to find an option for. In old versions of VirtualDJ, codecs was a section, but I can't find it now.

Have the codecs settings been completely removed or are they hidden somewhere? And if there's no way to mess with them now, are there any new fixes for choppy video issues? It's on Windows 10 and I'm just trying a standard HD video. Not sure how I can make it play smoothly.

Mensajes Sat 04 Jun 22 @ 3:48 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Which computer do you have exactly, and what is the type of the video exactly (load the video on the deck, then right-click the video and open the Tag Editor, at the bottom it will show more details)

Most pc's now should be able to decode the video in hardware, so make sure useDXVA is enabled.
Other than that the automatic settings should be fine.
Increasing videoMaxMemory over the default is usually not a good idea, so best to keep that at the default for your pc as well.

Mensajes Sat 04 Jun 22 @ 5:24 am