Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: sound ishue help please
rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi everyone,
so i am running a mac, with a ddjsz2, and so this is what happened. i was playing a song on dack A and dinner was starting. a person came up and asked if a had a song so i looked it up and i had it but i needed to relocate it and i did and vdj found it right a way. so now i am looking at an open folder with the song file highlighted for me to click so it will be relocated but when i clicked the song file.... the song started playing and extremely loud but outside of VDJ and on top of the song playing at the time in vdj starting off dinner. this song played so loud people jumped from there seats and when i got it top stop playing everyone started laughing but it was super loud. this has happened to me before but i have to fix this now.

and another way to make this happen is say you want to open your dinner mix for automix, so if i were ro double click my dinner folder i get a popup asking if i want to do that and when i do, it loads the playlist for me but also blasts the audio file so loud and also outside of vdj. cant figure it out.

could this have anything to do with the pre-listen feature?

Mensajes Wed 22 Jun 22 @ 7:10 pm
You need to explain better what you actually clicked and where and what happened?

Mensajes Wed 22 Jun 22 @ 7:19 pm
rjd137 wrote :
Hi everyone,
so i am running a mac, with a ddjsz2, and so this is what happened. i was playing a song on dack A and dinner was starting. a person came up and asked if a had a song so i looked it up and i had it but i needed to relocate it and i did and vdj found it right a way. so now i am looking at an open folder with the song file highlighted for me to click so it will be relocated but when i clicked the song file.... the song started playing and extremely loud but outside of VDJ and on top of the song playing at the time in vdj starting off dinner. this song played so loud people jumped from there seats and when i got it top stop playing everyone started laughing but it was super loud. this has happened to me before but i have to fix this now.

and another way to make this happen is say you want to open your dinner mix for automix, so if i were ro double click my dinner folder i get a popup asking if i want to do that and when i do, it loads the playlist for me but also blasts the audio file so loud and also outside of vdj. cant figure it out.

could this have anything to do with the pre-listen feature?

AUTOGAIN ON? Also, the SZ2 was not considered a good mixer in the industry. Literally not hardware but only midi and not much better than an sx2

Mensajes Mon 27 Jun 22 @ 5:35 pm
Basically you need to configure your MAC to NOT use the soundcard of DDJ-SZ2 as default playback device.
Choose your MACs internal speakers instead for the default playback device.

Mensajes Mon 27 Jun 22 @ 7:34 pm