Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Stems - CDJ3000 & DJM 900NXS2
Hello,

Is there a way to get stems working on all four channels? Coming from a DDJ, it was nice being able to manipulate every stem within VDJ. However, using two cdjs, it's limited to only using the outside EQ knobs. Which in itself is kind of lame. However, stepping up to 4 CDJ you lose the stem function. Presumably, because it's baked into the hardware EQ. It would be nice if VDJ could ignore that and use its stems anyways.

Side question #2, if I pipe the audio out of the laptop instead of the DJM will I be able to use all four eq channels as stems?

Side question #3, are there any mixers that support 4-channel Stems with EQ?

Cheers

Mensajes Sat 08 Oct 22 @ 3:24 am
All Channel Stems Work Around *

Somehow I tricked VDJ8 to just apply the stems to all four channels.

Step 1. have everything on and connected.
Step 2. Go into vdj8 and remove the EQ setting that's under "Dont show again"
Step 3. unplug USB from nxs2
Step 4. plug back in and select PC as audio out.
Step 5. Select eq style 2 channel eq style, check box to not show again
step 6. repeat 2-3
step 7. you should now be faced with an eq option that allows all 4 channels to operate stems, select this eq.

Note these steps are required on each startup.

Mensajes Tue 11 Oct 22 @ 1:34 am
There's a reason why VirtualDJ doesn't offer stems on DJM mixers with 4 decks configured:
Because no matter what you do you cannot bypass the hardware EQ of the mixer. Therefore besides manipulating stems, you're also manipulating EQ at the same time!

Mensajes Tue 11 Oct 22 @ 4:33 pm
looking to do the same for my ddj1000srt where the stems are in all 4 channels not just the 2 opposing channels

Mensajes Tue 08 Nov 22 @ 7:47 pm
Same rule applies for DDJ-1000SRT
Since it features a hardware mixer with hardware EQ controls, you cannot manipulate stems without also manipulating EQ at the same time (when using all 4 decks)

Mensajes Tue 08 Nov 22 @ 9:32 pm