Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: HELP issues with track clipping when loading onto decks
So I've been working with VDJ and traktor s4 for 10 years and never had this problem.

When connected to my controller and into a mixer I am getting a split second clip/hiccup every 2-3 songs. This doesn't happen when I am just using the software, only when I am plugged into my controller. This only started when I started livestreaming during covid and ended up installing SWB audio capture. (which is terrible for 100 reasons dont use it). I have since started playing live again, stopped streaming, and have uninstalled SWB, and yet still am dealing with this issue. I can't say it is 100% SWB that did this, but I can say that is when it started. (if it matters I was live streaming through OBS into my twitch channel)

I find if I manually select the song on the software (instead of using the controller) it happens less, but still often enough during performances to make it quite noticeable.

I have a newer 2020 macbook with decent processing power. this lag shouldnt be an issue.

Any help here would be amazing. Thank you so much.

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 22 @ 5:29 pm
Have no idea if this is cause, since you mention that it is not every track, wondered if you are streaming tracks from an online source.

If that is the case, then if one starts to play the track before it has fully downloaded and completely analyzed then the Gain will not be correct, (99% of the time high and clipping). (since during analysis there is a momentary bump in the gain)

Those already seen (analyzed) by VDJ will not have this issue, whether online or local.
And this can only happen with online files, since all local files are analyzed when first added to VDJ.

Again don't know if that is your circumstance, but that is one way that one can get some tracks with clipped gain.

-------------------------
and if that is not the issue, you mention, it only occurs when using the controller.
In which case would be best to test to see if one can reproduce the clipping with the controller using it's default mapping.

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 22 @ 6:32 pm
Also if not solved:
Post a screenshot of your audio setup when your controller is connected.

---------
and also check the settings related to gain:
ie if gain = auto + remember or just, remember, then the gains of some tracks maybe set non-ideally. (remembering a gain used previously) (but this would be independent of a controller connection )

Mensajes Thu 27 Oct 22 @ 8:31 pm