Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: LEDs are still partially lit when set to OFF?
seanPRO InfinityMember since 2018
I have a Traktor Kontrol X1 midi controller and I'm modifying the mapping. When I set an LED to off it's still partially lit. Is there a way to turn these LEDs completely off? I certainly can when I'm using Traktor, it has setting where I can set if an LED is partially lit when off.

Interestingly I can set the brightness of the RGB LEDs on the controller to be completely off but not the non RGB LEDs.

Mensajes Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 3:42 pm
No, you can't turn them completely off. The lower limit of the LEDs is hardcoded on the controller definition.
In order to be able to turn them completely off you would have to create your own device definition file and override the native one.

PS: I think the dim state is around 10% of the total brightness of the LED.
Is there any particular reason why the dimmed state is not good enough for you and you need to turn the leds off completely ?

Mensajes Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 6:05 pm
Thank you for for pointing me in the direction of the device definition file, I'll look at editing that. This is my first time using Virtual DJ after 10 years of Traktor so I'm just trying to replicate the functionality I like.

Personally there isn't enough definition between the 100% lit button and 10% lit but this is just my preference. I actually had my Traktor set to 1%.

Mensajes Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 7:20 pm
Just trying to find a way to edit the existing definition file but get the impression that these are embeded in Virtual DJ so I would have to create my own? Is this correct?

Mensajes Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 7:29 pm
Yes. As I said above you'll have to create your own. You cannot access nor edit built in definitions.

PS: I guess you refer to X1 MKII (as IIRC original X1 didn't had RGB leds)
If that's correct then you should know that VirtualDJ uses HID and not MIDI to communicate with the device.
So, if you want to go that route, you'll have to check our WiKi for HID device definitions.

Mensajes Mon 12 Dec 22 @ 8:45 pm