Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Denon DJ Prime Go Headphones Volume
SMAODJPRO InfinityMember since 2021
When using my Prime Go in computer mode with Virtual DJ, the headphones volume knob does not work. The headphone output is always at full volume ... too much for my ears.
It works when I check in the midi mapping monitor, also the on screen controls change.
Does anybody have have the same issue? Any ideas for a solution?
I'm running EngineOS 2.4.0 and VDJ 2023 b7360 on a Macbook Air M2 with MacOS Ventura.

Mensajes Thu 15 Dec 22 @ 5:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We ll check if anything is changed in Engine OS 2.4 but in the meantime, assign a skin custom button as .. fake_hp
When your Prime GO is connected the button will be turned on. Click to turn off and the Headphones Vol will work again.

Mensajes Thu 15 Dec 22 @ 5:12 pm
Thanks for the quick reply. Not sure how to do that though. Can you give me some more details?

Mensajes Thu 15 Dec 22 @ 5:18 pm

Mensajes Thu 15 Dec 22 @ 5:20 pm
Did the job - magic!

You're brillant!

Mensajes Thu 15 Dec 22 @ 5:31 pm
OK, we confirm that the Headphones Vol knob of Prime GO in Engine 2.4 is now a pure software one. There was no such an entry on Engine 2.4 changelog neither we were informed, so apologies for the inconvenience.

You can safely remove & fake_hp on from the ONINIT key of your Prime GO Mapping file so that you dont need to use a custom button on every start.

We will also update the default Mapping files for next release.

Mensajes Thu 15 Dec 22 @ 5:39 pm
Had this exact issue while i was already in contact with someone from Denon DJ technical support and they said that they will forward this to the dev team. So i hope the changelog will be updated even though you guys know now :)

Mensajes Mon 19 Dec 22 @ 4:35 pm
Hi,
My apologies for maybe asking a question already answered; Am I now ok to update my Prime Go to 2.4 without having to implement any workarounds for the headphones?

Mensajes Mon 26 Dec 22 @ 10:37 am
If you want to update your Prime GO to Engine OS 2.4 you can do one of the following ..

1. Use current Public Build 7360 and tweak the ONINIT key as above.
2. Enable EarlyAccessUpdate setting, update to Early Access Build 7388 and no need to tweak anything (fix is included in EA)

Mensajes Mon 26 Dec 22 @ 1:17 pm
Smashing! Thanks so much for the clarification 🙂

Mensajes Thu 29 Dec 22 @ 6:25 am
kichu20PRO InfinityMember since 2010
i just updated b7388 on Mac M1 with Ventura 13.1 , i still have the HeadPhone Volume issue .. Please let me know if i need to change anything.

Mensajes Sun 01 Jan 23 @ 12:40 am
@KICHU20,
Engine OS 2.4 and VirtualDJ Build 7388....
Make sure you are using the factory default Mapping.
If you still need to keep your Custom one, copy-paste the actions assigned to the ONINIT and ONEXIT keys of the default mapping to your Custom one.

Mensajes Sun 01 Jan 23 @ 6:12 pm
Hi DJDAD.
On build 7403 on a Mac. And now all of a sudden there is No volume control and the volume is barely audible whatsoever on the Prime Go following the update. Can you help?

Mensajes Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 9:08 pm
@DPMEVENTS
On Master/speakers or Headphones ?

Are you using the factory default mapping ?

Mensajes Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 11:16 pm
Using factory default settings and the headphone output is very quiet and not affected by volume knob. This is the same on both CUE and MASTER.

Mensajes Sun 29 Jan 23 @ 4:14 pm
And your Prime GO is on Engine 2.4 ?
Headphones connected to the Prime GO Phones output ?
Any other MIDI device (controller) connected at the same time ?

Mensajes Sun 29 Jan 23 @ 6:09 pm
That is correct. Prime Go is on 2.4 and there is no other devices are connected (including MIDI devices).

We are at a 2 day event this weekend. Used the system all day Friday and it worked perfectly. (Like always)

Did the update on Friday night (nothing else changed) and immediately the headphone control went away.

I have another VDJ MacBook we use that has not been updated to the most recent release. . I’m going to pop that one on this system to see if I can isolate the issue.

Mensajes Sun 29 Jan 23 @ 7:29 pm
Looks to be a 0.00 entry in the headphone gain field under options is the culprit.

Mensajes Sun 29 Jan 23 @ 8:24 pm
I have this problem with latest VDJ build and engine 3.0.

Main decks ddj 1000 was not playing deck b through VDJ,switched to prime go as backup and ended up with full volume headphones for the evening.

WHAT DID YOU SAY ?

Yeah, so did this get fixed or is the fix in 3.0 now breaking the fix in VDJ?

Mensajes Sun 02 Apr 23 @ 7:05 pm