Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: VDJ not saving my changes...
I am using Windows 10 home running on an hp envy. Windows 10 version 10.0.19045 Build 19045.
VDJ version 2023 pc64 7388.1919.
I have noticed that VDJ will not save changes I make such as effects. If I change any of my effects and then close VDJ, when I start the app up again the effects have gone back to their default settings. I have checked my permissions, tried to different virus protection apps, removed all virus protection apps, disabled Windows Defender, and made sure that my files are not designated as read only.
I have been trying to figure this out for a long time. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I have also noticed that every so often when vdj first loads it will show the changes I have made. But after a few seconds or as soon as a load a song the default setting will suddenly appear.

Mensajes Wed 08 Feb 23 @ 12:39 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Is this happening when a Midi Controller is connected ? If so, then it's normal. Most of controllers send the positions of the knob and faders on startup, so if your controller has FX Parameters knobs, their actual positions will be reflected to the Parameters of the selected Effects.

Mensajes Wed 08 Feb 23 @ 9:42 am
Thanks, After reading your response I tried loading VDJ with my controller powered off, my settings were saved and showed up. Now my issue is that when I power up my controller the settings go back to default.
This is getting stranger and stranger. If you have any other suggestions I would welcome them. For the record my controller is a Pioneer DDJ 1000.

Mensajes Thu 09 Feb 23 @ 12:20 am
lol42PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I think i have the same Big problem on my New pc like you , with the old laptop it works fine... I have check all the options and it's exactly the same on the 2 units.

Mensajes Thu 09 Feb 23 @ 2:18 pm
Well I figured my issue out.... The DDJ 1000 has built in effects. So due to the fact that the drivers for it fully load just a second or two after VDJ's main window pops up, I see the last saved effects within VDJ and then the first effect suddenly changes. Through trial and error I realized that the effect set on my board at the time of load up takes over the first effect on both decks. This is still an issue for me due to the fact that I haven't found a way to update or change the embedded effects and the effects I a trying to use aren't included in the board. Thanks to everyone replied and tried to help find a solution to this issue.

Mensajes Sat 11 Feb 23 @ 2:02 pm