Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Script to change effect param
I have a script that loads Echo into effect slot 1 on both players at program start and every time I load a file. Now I'd like to take that a step further and have it automatically set the length of the echo to 1 beat.

That would be the second slider for the effect, "effect slider 1 2", however I'm not sure what value to set it to in order for it to be 1 beat.

I'd also like to map a button to toggle it between 3/4, 1/2, and 1 beat. Similar issue, not sure how to set those values. Also not sure how to read its current value either in order to determine the next value to toggle.

Any pointers? I've read through the verbs page and maybe I'm missing something but I just don't see it.

Thanks in advance.

Mensajes Mon 06 Mar 23 @ 11:01 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
look up effect_beats verb.
As well as absolute values [even values not on the slider] it accepts relative values too, to move thru the silder values.
effect_beats +1

Mensajes Mon 06 Mar 23 @ 11:13 am
Thank you! This is what I came up with, for anyone who might find it useful.

effect_show_gui "Echo" on & var "%echoparam" 1 ? set_var "%echoparam" 2 & effect_beats "Echo" 0.5 : var "%echoparam" 2 ? set_var "%echoparam" 3 & effect_beats "Echo" 0.75 : set_var "%echoparam" 1 & effect_beats "Echo" 1

If you modify your skin to always show the current %echoparam variable you can probably take off the effect_show_gui command.

Mensajes Mon 06 Mar 23 @ 12:18 pm