Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: macbook pro HANG problem
Dear all
i have a macbook pro and i use vdj pro. my mac is fully updated and i have more than 300GB free space. For years my vdj was working properly. the last few months, at least 1 time each month my mac freezes/ hangs. The song still plays, you can listen the song but i cannot push any button in vdj. the only thing i can do is to close the app, open it again and everything works properly again.
is very frustrating and bad for my job... i,m diding in front of hunderds of people several days each week and everytime im afraid if the problem occurs
i seached hunderds of threads but no solution
please...someone....any ideas...?

Mensajes Sat 20 May 23 @ 4:52 pm
Have you tried a new usb cable ?

Mensajes Sat 20 May 23 @ 8:03 pm
What type of Mac do you have?
I have had a similar problem. But now for a year I haven't have any problem.
I play videos and mp3 and use shaders and I have a sx2 controller.
The Mac have crashed only when playing mp3 with shaders. 1 of 20 club nights.
So how did I solved it: Disabled the discreet graphic and only use the internal graphic board, 60 fps screen and 30 fps video, no steams and recorded all shaders to 20 sec videos each and running the videos in the slides how instead.
No problem after that.

My Mac:
MacBook pro 2018, 2.6 Ghz 6 core i7, Radeon pro 560x , Intel UHD graphic 630

Mensajes Sun 21 May 23 @ 4:57 pm
When searching the system log in the Mac i couldn't find anything that give me any clue.
The only thing I find was that the discreet graphic board stopped to respond and restarted after 30 sec. At first I thought it was a faulty shaders and the gpu was running at 100% but I noticed that the hangs could happens on a random shaders.

Mensajes Sun 21 May 23 @ 5:21 pm
I would try a new usb cable and see if that fixes

Mensajes Mon 22 May 23 @ 2:02 am
thanks for your message. i will try everything you mention and i hope it will be fixed too
thanks again i appreciate this

charliebuddrocker wrote :
When searching the system log in the Mac i couldn't find anything that give me any clue.
The only thing I find was that the discreet graphic board stopped to respond and restarted after 30 sec. At first I thought it was a faulty shaders and the gpu was running at 100% but I noticed that the hangs could happens on a random shaders.

Mensajes Mon 22 May 23 @ 6:53 am
thanks friend, but i honestly dont think that is a cable thing...but for sure i will try this too...

djjohnnyrox wrote :
I would try a new usb cable and see if that fixes

Mensajes Mon 22 May 23 @ 6:54 am