Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: My automix songs and karaoke songs, disappear
My wife and I use VDJ for karaoke. Well, over the past couple of years, there has been a reoccurring sort of, glitch. When it happens, all the songs on my harddrive can no longer be searched and have to be added to the search database again...which can take a LONG TIME! My harddrive are collectively 4 TBs. Also when the glitch occurs, my automix playlist is erased. Neither of these occurrences are good. But when you couple them with their timing, at the beginning of our show, it is a bit more than problematic. If anyone has any info to help us out, we would greatly appreciate it!

Mensajes Sun 23 Jul 23 @ 9:51 am
Well it simply means that your settings file and database files aren't read properly at startup
Usually it's because they are locked by a previous VDJ process, in which case a simple laptop restart fixes it
If not, you should reload the files from your latest VDJ backup
If you don't know how to setup a VDJ auto backup, maybe have a look at this:

I use a cloud drive as my backup destination, so that I have the backups even if I loose my laptop
A final thing:
The side lists (regular, karaoke or automix) are not really supposed to be permanent, even though they do get stored as-is at shutdown
But they are really meant to be dynamic lists, which are then changed while playing
So maybe don't use them as permanent storage. Use Virtual Folders or playlists for that instead, and load the one you want into the list when you want to use it

Mensajes Sun 23 Jul 23 @ 10:22 am
How would I make sure they are properly read? The only way I've ever added the songs to my database is to batch them in. And I've now done this process multiple times. But it's not just, not finding them...it glitches first. Then it has a green star next to ever song it sees as if it were newly added. And as far as the automix. If it weren't meant to be a more permanent playlist, why does it stay as is? And it only deletes it when the glitch happens.

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 23 @ 1:33 am
Wayward Entrainment wrote :
How would I make sure they are properly read? The only way I've ever added the songs to my database is to batch them in. And I've now done this process multiple times. But it's not just, not finding them...it glitches first. Then it has a green star next to ever song it sees as if it were newly added. And as far as the automix. If it weren't meant to be a more permanent playlist, why does it stay as is? And it only deletes it when the glitch happens.

If it has a green star, and it's been more than a week (I believe) since the track was added, then VDJ didn't get to read the database at start up, and you will have your described problem
So that is actually a great indicator that you need to do something - like reboot you laptop, or maybe even restore from your backup if the database (or settings) file is corrupted. Usually a reboot will be enough, because that release all file locks from other processes

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 23 @ 2:29 am
Ok, thank you for your help!

Mensajes Mon 24 Jul 23 @ 1:05 pm