Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Auto loops on variable BPM songs nearly always off
Hi,

I'm a new VDJ user, and struggling with auto loops. It never seems to work properly with variable beat grids. No matter how well my grids are placed, or which settings I use, the end of the loop hardly ever follows the beat grids, and it's by default always behind, meaning the lop end never follows the grid I set.

Is auto loop technically just a dumb loop, where it blindly sets the loop by the start BPM only, and if there's a change in BPM at the start of the next down beat, it fails. What gives?

I've used Rekordbox extensively, if I recall I had to only have Master Tempo on to force the loop to follow the variable grid. On Serato, there is no hassle, it just works reliably 100% the time, if my grids are correct. Virtual DJ - works 1/10 of the times. I play open format and this is just pissing me off, as it means there is no room for improvisation...

My setup is turntables/DVS and a DJM S11 with a dedicated auto loop button, so just pressing one button is essential to my work flow and muscle memory.

Mensajes Fri 11 Aug 23 @ 8:37 am
adamPRO SubscriberMember since 2022
+1

Mensajes Sat 12 Aug 23 @ 9:38 am
I have the same problem (and the same setup basically) with variable BPM tracks. What I end up doing is, after setting the beatgrid properly for a track, I would manually set the loop in and out points, either:

1. On the fly with quantize on set enabled (the loop points seem to be on beat then), but mostly
  2. In advance, wuth quantize on set off

I honestly do 2) more often in my workflow, and save the loop to the Saved Loops page (just hit a free spot), after which I assign it a cue point spot in the POI editor.

It would be nice if auto loop was more aware of variable grid markers and set itself correctly in that case though.

+1

Mensajes Sat 12 Aug 23 @ 1:03 pm
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
I have the same problem (and the same setup basically) with variable BPM tracks. What I end up doing is, after setting the beatgrid properly for a track, I would manually set the loop in and out points, either:

1. On the fly with quantize on set enabled (the loop points seem to be on beat then), but mostly
  2. In advance, wuth quantize on set off

I honestly do 2) more often in my workflow, and save the loop to the Saved Loops page (just hit a free spot), after which I assign it a cue point spot in the POI editor.

It would be nice if auto loop was more aware of variable grid markers and set itself correctly in that case though.

+1

I'm too old to learn new things! :P

Mensajes Sun 13 Aug 23 @ 6:14 am
I guess the 'support' part is missing here. This issue is driving me nuts.

Mensajes Sun 08 Oct 23 @ 6:01 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
A bit of a mishmash of cases, I don't have too many variable bpm tracks, not enough to care.
I do have a lot of tracks with over runs that I have anchored so the track stays running on 32s
I made a thing that works in that case but if the bpm actually changes, the number on screen, it needs something different

If it's a single press you could use goto and place temp action poi [on the fly] that would work, if it's a button mashing affair then, I haven't figure that out yet.

Mensajes Sun 08 Oct 23 @ 7:32 pm