Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Which solution for self hosted cloud?
Hi,

I'm currently using syncthings to sync my library.
Which self-hosted solution could work well with VirtualDJ 2024?

Thanks,
Alex

Mensajes Sat 13 Apr 24 @ 10:29 am
There is no current self hosted solution that works with VDJ 2024. I was trying to convince them of the value of this (since before the arrival of the feature actually...I personally use Nextcloud for this reason), but there are technical difficulties that they may have considered that makes the return on investment not worth it at the moment (different API, metadata requirements, reliability, etc).
In the interim, they did mention using the the VDJ SDK to add an Online source...I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet though.

Mensajes Sat 13 Apr 24 @ 12:32 pm

Mensajes Sat 13 Apr 24 @ 9:38 pm
So that is how most people do it, and @PhantomDeejay made a detsiled post on this already (synchronization outside of VirtualDJ and pointing back to the VirtualDJ settings folder from the synced location, accompanied with careful, one machine at a time usage). If that works for you, continue with it.

What they have introduced though, is VirtualDJ awareness/direct handling of cloud storage (major providers for now), to host parts/all of a VirtualDJ library - too much description/explanation to write a reasonable single post for.

Mensajes Sat 13 Apr 24 @ 10:49 pm