Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Advanced variable beatgridding with AI
SepatroPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Hello,

Apparently some platforms are introducing variable beatgridding using AI. Are there any plans for that in VDJ?

Mensajes Sun 26 May 24 @ 5:52 pm
Algoriddim did it a while ago with DJay Pro, and it's very good.

There's another program (similar to Mixmeister) that added it recently too.

Mensajes Sun 26 May 24 @ 6:20 pm
groovindj wrote :
Algoriddim did it a while ago with DJay Pro, and it's very good.

There's another program (similar to Mixmeister) that added it recently too.

Indeed, hear about it - I think you refer to DJ Studio. Mixmeister was great by the way in the old days.

It would be nice of VDJ could incorporate such function.

Mensajes Sun 26 May 24 @ 7:04 pm
Maybe OT, but I have both DJ Studio and Mixmeister, and Mixmeister is still the better of the 2, even though it's about at thousand years old - so if you can find Mixmeister somewhere, and get it running on your laptop, that is generally the better option for timeline mixing IMO

Mensajes Mon 27 May 24 @ 8:37 am
klausmogensen wrote :
Maybe OT, but I have both DJ Studio and Mixmeister, and Mixmeister is still the better of the 2, even though it's about at thousand years old - so if you can find Mixmeister somewhere, and get it running on your laptop, that is generally the better option for timeline mixing IMO

Amazing! I still have it somewhere :)

Mensajes Mon 27 May 24 @ 2:43 pm
Those who've been here long enough may remember that VDJ 8 was originally going to have a timeline mode, but unfortunately it got taken away before release as Atomix decided that people wouldn't use it.

Yet still people use Mixmeister, and this new software has sprung up too....

Here's SBDJ talking about it from 2012:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zp3dtQ3_fg&t=549s

Mensajes Mon 27 May 24 @ 5:37 pm
Would have been a perfect addition to VDJ 2024 ;)

Mensajes Mon 27 May 24 @ 5:50 pm
Here's a six page thread from ten years ago, with lots of people saying they were looking forward to it, were disappointed it was removed, and asking for its return....

Timeline thread

Mensajes Mon 27 May 24 @ 6:21 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It's all there, load action, action poi, repeat_start, scratch dna, everything you need to have a timeline, nobody bothered.
Nobody even asked "is it possible?" to put it all together , I don't think there's any real interest other than a vague "it would be good" because if you wanted to throw time at it you could have done it and nobody has.

Mensajes Mon 27 May 24 @ 11:32 pm
Getting back to my original question: better beatgridding WOULD be very welcome.

Mensajes Tue 28 May 24 @ 6:14 am

I remember a team member that used to be here and 1 summer while on vacation he meet up with me and I actually used it!! At the time it was still in the super early stages but it was functional.

I still have MixMeister but it wont load on any of my Macs for some reason. Perfect for just making mixes if I was feeling lazy.

Mensajes Tue 28 May 24 @ 12:24 pm
That prototype looks a bit like DJ studio to me.

VDJ still could do with improved beat gridding, although you do get used to working without/ignoring the grid when is out ( VDJ often appears to prioritise the back end of a track for grid alignment). Algoriddim have a good solution from what I saw.

Mensajes Tue 28 May 24 @ 1:16 pm