Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Tema: Is there a way to display a setting in the VDJ UI?
Is there a way to display a particular controller setting in the VDJ UI?

Reason for question:

I have pitch_lock toggle assigned to `SLIP REVERSE` button on my controller because i don't use it
and I hit that button during my live set assuming the setting change took effect, but it didn't ..

Is there a way to display/print the value of `pitch_lock` somewhere in the UI?

Thank you!

Mensajes Sat 15 Jun 24 @ 7:39 am
There are a few possibilities to have an indicator if pitch_lock is active.

In the UI:

1) One solution.... create a custom button with script pitch_lock
the button will be ON (bright) when pitch_lock is active.
with added benefit that one can additionally use the custom button to also toggle pitch_lock.
(and one could easily tweak the skin to add this indicator)

2) use auto_pitch_lock from your controller button. Auto Pitch Lock has 2 locations on the UI .. that indicate it being enabled. (the lock icon at the pitch slider & the 4th light of the sync)
This method requires the use of sync to enable pitch lock since, pitch lock will be automatically enabled when BPMs are matched.

(where using pitch_lock instead of auto_pitch_lock, one can enable the pitch sliders to move together when BPMs are NOT matched, since again, auto_pitch_lock only enables pitch lock when the BPMs match)

3) Another way to know if pitch lock is ON, (you may already have this) is to script the LED of the controller's button, to illuminate when pitch_lock is ON.
(Having feedback on the button is better then needing to look at the UI)
Add pitch_lock to the LED_SLIP_REVERSE mapping
cannot help more with this since don't know the controller.

OR if wishing for a blinking indicator
LED_SLIP_REVERSE =
pitch_lock ? blink 300ms : off

Note: the same can be done with the LED_SLIP_REVERSE mapping if one chooses to use auto_pitch_lock (2 above), to have controller button illuminate when auto_pitch_lock is ON.
auto_pitch_lock ? blink 300ms : off

Or do combo use the controllers button action to enable auto_pitch_lock
but have the LED indicate both, when Auto Pitch Lock is ON (steady light) AND blink when pitch_lock has actually locked both pitch sliders.
(remember in this case pitch lock can only be enabled when BPMs match)

SLIP_REVERSE =
auto_pitch_lock

LED_SLIP_REVERSE =
auto_pitch_lock ? pitch_lock ? blink 300ms : on : off 

covering all cases for pitch_lock
auto_pitch_lock ? pitch_lock ? blink 900ms : on : pitch_lock ? blink 300ms : off
(with 2 diff blinks to indicate the state of auto_pitch_lock when the sliders are locked)

few options to choose from
VDJ is da Best ! !

Mensajes Sat 15 Jun 24 @ 9:19 am
oh wow - thanks @IIDEEJAYII for sharing all this info - very much appreciate it!!

Mensajes Sat 15 Jun 24 @ 9:06 pm