Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: variable bmp in 2024
I've begun to prepare a session with only reggae music. Older songs (which are the majority) tend to have variations in the bpm, depending on how good the drummer was.

I've been reading older posts about this problem (older songs with variable rhythms) and there are a lot of opinions (some even say the variable bpm detection of VDJ is only for songs that use two different bpm in clearly separated parts).

My question now is: with VDJ 2024, which is the best policy to correct variating bpms?

P.S. I'm not afraid of work, so if I have to manually edit my 500+ videos, I would do that.

Mensajes Wed 04 Sep 24 @ 8:31 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Take the multi bpm detection from the bpm editor as starting point, and then add/move points as needed

Mensajes Wed 04 Sep 24 @ 8:36 am
If you are referring to your "browsed_file_analyze multi" button code, I've tried that (on Barrington Levy - Here I come) and halfway the song loops don't work seamlessly...

Or is this only the starting point and are you saying that after I've done that analysis, I still have to adjust the beat markers manually?

(Sorry if I'm hard of understanding. I'm a little out of my depth here - never done this sort of thing before)

Mensajes Wed 04 Sep 24 @ 8:47 am

Mensajes Wed 04 Sep 24 @ 8:52 am
lol - I already had that page open (and twenty more about the topic)!

Thank you Adion!

Mensajes Wed 04 Sep 24 @ 8:54 am
Hopefully the day will soon come when all this manual work is no longer required, so we can just load a track and the grid will be aligned, no matter what the tempo is doing.

Algoriddim made the first move. Who will be next?

Mensajes Wed 04 Sep 24 @ 9:11 am
Stems have made a massive difference to the way I mix so this would be the icing on the cake.

Mensajes Wed 04 Sep 24 @ 9:22 am
I've followed the instruction and adjusted the first beats by placing beat markers, but when playing the song the beat markers below the waveform are not always aligned with the waveform beats and loops are not seamless. There's also a variation of the number beats between the first beat markers (There should be three). I've probably done something wrong, or have to do something else, but I don't know what.

Mensajes Wed 04 Sep 24 @ 10:12 am
Show the same location in the bpm editor to see where you added bpm points

Mensajes Wed 04 Sep 24 @ 11:01 am

Mensajes Wed 04 Sep 24 @ 11:10 am

zoomed in

Mensajes Wed 04 Sep 24 @ 11:11 am
Although it should work, I doubt it's necessary to add a poi at every beat

Mensajes Wed 04 Sep 24 @ 11:27 am
I only placed anchors where the beat was not accurately recognized and the beat grid drifted...
(which was quite often btw)

Mensajes Wed 04 Sep 24 @ 11:37 am
I just analysed it with the liveBPM app on my phone. It varies between approx 83-87 bpm.

Mensajes Wed 04 Sep 24 @ 12:04 pm
wow didnt know that such utilities existed

Mensajes Wed 04 Sep 24 @ 12:12 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
yeah there's vsts

Mensajes Wed 04 Sep 24 @ 12:16 pm
Adion wrote :
Take the multi bpm detection from the bpm editor as starting point, and then add/move points as needed

+1

That is my work flow on those tracks.

Mensajes Mon 09 Sep 24 @ 10:39 am
Untuil we get an AI grid, it's mine too, now.

Mensajes Mon 09 Sep 24 @ 10:57 am
SepatroPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Bpm detection remains weak in VDJ, sadly ..

Mensajes Mon 09 Sep 24 @ 11:24 am