Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: The Music Stopped Three Times Tonight - Page: 2
I've elminated the cable, the extension and the USB C hub as problems.

Mensajes 3 days ago @ 11:03 pm
I'm noticing also...when I open VIrtual DJ, it uses maybe 700 MB RAM. When I load and play one song, it goes up to 3 GB and Memory Pressure on Activity Monitor goes into the orange. Is this expected?

Thanks,

Donny

Mensajes 3 days ago @ 12:07 am
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Not enough RAM, 8gb might be your problem.....

Mensajes 3 days ago @ 1:15 pm
Its just odd to me that it I have no trouble for over a year with 8 GB RAM, then one weekend it turns sideways.

Mensajes 2 days ago @ 4:20 am
Consider whether there have been any changes since it was working.

Updates to the OS/drivers, software (other than VirtualDJ) installed, change of service provider, change of media format or storage, new/different peripherals (cables, hub, hardware)....

Mensajes 2 days ago @ 9:12 am
So I've updated to Sequoia and memory pressure is down...a lot. well kinda. And there's no delay on the platters now. I'll take it.
No events this weekend, so I'll put it through some paces and see what happens.

Mensajes 2 days ago @ 11:10 am
DJ Donny Collins (BTE) wrote :
So I've updated to Sequoia and memory pressure is down...a lot. well kinda. And there's no delay on the platters now. I'll take it.
No events this weekend, so I'll put it through some paces and see what happens.

Oops I spoke to soon. Memory pressure is back in the orange.

I'm sorry this is going to sound trollish.....I don't intend to.
I know they're two different programs, so it's not an apples to apples comparison, but DJAY is keeping Memory Pressure way inside the green and no lags on the Performer. Just reporting an observation and trying to understand what may be happening. VDJ just needs more RAM I guess?

Mensajes 2 days ago @ 2:31 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Stems will be the part that requires most ram, so you could try without to see if it makes a difference. Still 8gb should be fine if there's no other programs running though

Mensajes 2 days ago @ 3:07 pm
I remember reading that having the wifi switched on was causing lagging on M series macs. Have tou tried switchingg it off?

Mensajes 2 days ago @ 3:11 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
I remember reading that having the wifi switched on was causing lagging on M series macs. Have tou tried switchingg it off?

I have a hard time believing that. I stream twice a week and heres what I use with a M1 Macbook Pro

A Canon M200 going through an HMDI to USB, a usb Logitech Camera (cant remember the model), either my SoundSwitch Control One or the OG box plugged in with SoundSwitch running, a Denon X1800 with a set of SC 5000m's along with a set of LC 6000's (all of that being controlled by VDJ via MIDI), an Ipad plugged in being used an external display, a Behringer 16 channel mixer that has everything sound wise ran into it and then connected again via USB for OBS, OBS which is where the cameras are ran into both being shown on screen, VDJ running with the NDI video plugin being pushed into OBS and then sent to ReStream and never once had a glitch with WIFI on.

I push this machine to its limits and I use it daily for work, surfing, whatever lol!!

My Macbook is a first gen M1 maxxed out.

Either he has bad cables somewhere, thunderbolt ports dying, or not enough RAM in my opinion.

Mensajes yesterday @ 7:34 pm