Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: My gig...

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
Hey all, just thought that id like to post the fact that im hopefully gonna get my first gig in a month or so...
Im gonna have to hire a bit of stuff but its only a "Disco" so nuthin to serious i guess...
Well here's what im hiring..:
1. 4 intelligent lights
2. Controller for above
3. Laser crab effect
4. Smoke machine
5. Stands
6. 1000 watt RMS amp and speaker set (500 wRMS each)

It should be fun :)
.::DJ NERO::.

Mensajes Fri 15 Jun 01 @ 2:07 pm
so nero...how much did it cost you to hire the amp and speakers? In OZ currency....

Mensajes Fri 15 Jun 01 @ 2:47 pm
Nero, do what I did and actually buy the smoke machine, effect lights & such, then you can hire out your stuff to people you know and make a little money on the side....

All I need now to complete my list of goodies is a descent pair of dusters..... (BIG CHUNKY SPEAKERS)

DJ W!L$()

Mensajes Fri 15 Jun 01 @ 5:08 pm
Hey Nero - GREAT NEWS - hope it goes down a stormer.
Wish you all the best, let us know how you get on.

Mensajes Sat 16 Jun 01 @ 2:33 pm
Good luck man! Make us atomixers proud!

Mensajes Sun 17 Jun 01 @ 3:32 am
Hey all,
its nice to see that not every1 on the forums is grouchy and alwayz bitching....
anywayz wilso how much will the lighting cost to buy...??
I will do all atomixers proud... and i will have fotos for the forum IF the group im doin the party for arrages the hall...
Its soo hard waiting for the final Go-ahead....

The hiring of all the stuff in AUD (australian dollars) should equate to around AUD$300..
Peace all

.::DJ NERO::.

Mensajes Sun 17 Jun 01 @ 2:55 pm
sketchPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Nero mate where abouts in Oz are you? Was over there last year (in Melbourne) and will be over again in a year or two hopefully to do some gigs. I'm from Plymouth in England. What sort music do play?

I just got a set of Jamos 400W big chuncky buggers, £150, to start my set off, next I will add two massive subs (21inch), and some high and mid freq dispersion speakers (to get that lush clarity on your trance etc), combine that with a mutiple amp setup and an active crossover you've got something that kicks. Also people are now approaching me to rent my PA which = money.

I did party last week with just Jamos and it went down storm, we did some rad stuff by combining some good old scratching with atomix. Banging.

Cheers
Dan (Sketch)

Mensajes Mon 18 Jun 01 @ 1:32 am
Im a Sydney boy (Melbourne is a shithole)
I play trance, club and now (thanx to DJ Override) Hard House....
what about u?

Peace,
.::DJ Nero::.

Mensajes Tue 19 Jun 01 @ 12:58 pm
Hi Dj Nero,
I was wondering how much it would cost to hire just the amps and speakers by themselves? I live in syd aswell and I'd like to know which company you used to hire your gear from?
Can you also hire decks and records? since I'd like to have a go at mixin on a couple of decks.

Mensajes Tue 19 Jun 01 @ 4:45 pm
Mate, Melbourne was a complete shithole I know, but my family was there, as well as Cairns. When I come over in couple of years I'm definatly coming to to your city! I play Trance, Hard House and lots of in your face nasty hard trance! Hopefully with the new version of atomix though, i'll be able to play (on occasions!) drum and bass. This would be nice if the right features were introduced.

Sketch

Mensajes Wed 20 Jun 01 @ 12:09 pm
What features are necessary for drum and bass...

Peace all,
.::DJ-Nero::.

Mensajes Wed 20 Jun 01 @ 1:33 pm
Yep
goto www.prolight.com.au
The amp and speaksers is $75
u can hire decks, but no vinyl....

Peace

Mensajes Wed 20 Jun 01 @ 1:36 pm
Firstly, the principle of beat matching in atomix is absoulty fantastic, I use it more a lot more than vinyl as I'm deaf in one ear, hence letting me use my eyes to read the music as well. Ok, that aside, Trance, house etc has the beat there smack bang in front of you. Let me just say one thing to you now. Imaginary (virtual) beats and pre mapping.

Here house rance etc

! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Mensajes Thu 21 Jun 01 @ 1:30 am
dj sketch...
how did you get deaf in one ear? Was it because of too much djing? or somethin else? coz i dunt wanna go deaf in one ear too...if dats the case...

Mensajes Fri 22 Jun 01 @ 1:08 pm
Sorry Nero, I was away for a little while, well the lighting I bought was as follows:
Mojo Moon II = $480 (Great effects)
Smoke machine = $249
UV's = $30 each
Small strobe = $80
8" Mirror ball & color wheel & pin light = around $80

These are all in Australian, so you won't need to change the prices. It's dear stuff, but geez you can have some fun at home. =)

Hope this gives you an idea of prices.

DJ Wilso

Mensajes Fri 22 Jun 01 @ 3:34 pm
thankz
I got aproval for my gig!!!
It will be awesome...!!

peace all,

Mensajes Sun 24 Jun 01 @ 6:57 am
Im not gonna buy the lighting..
Instead im forking out $1300 for some turntables and a mixer, atomix is great,but i crave something a little more "hands on"...
Of course im gonna use my turntables in conjunction with atomix.. I will have a awesome setup =)

Peace,

Mensajes Sun 24 Jun 01 @ 7:01 am
Hey Nero, I just want to know how old you are, because I just bought myself a station wagon, so now I've pretty much got all the gear to have a party, and now that I've got the wagon, I can pack all the gear up that I used for the party and drive home at whatever time you like...

If I were you I'd save that $1300 and put it towards a car, unless you already have one that is, because I bet you'll find yourself with all the gear and no way to take it to venues...

I hope you can see my point and don't take it personally. =)

DJ WILSO

Mensajes Mon 25 Jun 01 @ 4:19 pm
I'm only 15..
so no car as yet..
But i have extremely co-operative parents who take my stuff whereva i need it..
besides i have far more then $1300 set aside for a car.,.
But thanks for your advice bro...
.::DJ2NV::.

Mensajes Wed 27 Jun 01 @ 3:15 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)