Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Oh please, give us something.... - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

So, the one and only question keeps on going... Found some interesting messages in this forum regarding the release of the new version:

28 Mar 01: Pol, Grand Master
It's a matter of weeks now - we'll be reengeneering the website just before.

10 Apr 01: Yan-X, Overlod of DJs
To all our users.
Here some news for this week:
We are upgrading our server in order to have a better access for the next release.
The release date is coming. Less than a month if our new servers works fine.
The new version will implement lot of improvment but new features too !
Well... more news next week !

Give us some information - it can't be like you don't have any clue about the release date. Send the beta version out, ask us to help you guys or whatever !!! We've been waiting for a really long time now, and I think the least you could do for us is to give us some info...
You have such a nice "news" section on the front page, but if you don't have any intention to use it - take it away - it just looks silly...

You doing a great job, but please - let us know something !

// Niklas

Mensajes Tue 19 Jun 01 @ 8:09 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Every day I read your messages, I wonder, how much mails Microsoft gets per day being forced to release a new Windows version.....

*g*

mama

Mensajes Tue 19 Jun 01 @ 8:39 pm
to: billg@microsoft.com
subject: Windows XP

Hey man, how's your daughter? And the missus?

That's great.

I was just wondering, when is Windows XP coming out? I know 2000 works great and all but I'm a whore that loves upgrading every day, that's why I have linux on dual boot (so I can type apt-get upgrade all the time).
It's not like I'm even going to pay for XP, I'm just going to "get" it :D

So, hurry the fuck up Bill, we're all waiting!

Sincerely,
Talon Kale

Mensajes Tue 19 Jun 01 @ 9:40 pm
Well, they probably do get loads of mails - you've got a point there... As far as I can remember Windows 95 was released in 96, BUT still - my question isn't answered yet, and if you keep on refusing to answer it, you'll get these messages like this every day until:

1. People do get tired of waiting for the release... :(
2. You give the users news / information about the new release (we're talking promises that you can keep this time...!)
3. You finally release the new version !!!!

There must be something you can tell us... You don't be precise, just give us an indication of days, weeks or months before the beta / final release...

I hate to bug you like this - AtomixMP3 *IS* worth waiting for (not forever thou) – if it wasn’t for this, no one would bother to write all these questions demanding a date for the release…

// Niklas

Mensajes Tue 19 Jun 01 @ 9:49 pm
Atomix is only screwing themselves, really.

It's only a matter of time before other companies come out with supierior products (Tracktor?), and the first to market will always have an advantage. The problem with the Atomix team is that they are programmers, not business-minded individuals. This will ultimately lead to their demise, despite any advantages their software might have over others.

Customer loyalty only goes so far, and soon their will a dozen products on the market quite similiar to Atomix, and the choice will be based on more than a few cool features...

It was a good start, guys, but for professional level mp3 mixing, users will soon be going elswhere.

Good luck.

P.S. what exactly does "Kick off your DJ" mean?

Mensajes Tue 19 Jun 01 @ 11:45 pm
Agreed...Give us some F*CUKING updates...I PAID for this program and I haven't seen SHIT in a Looooooong ass time. This is beginning to remind me of a shitty club that holds the line around the block just so the place looks hoppin'.

Keep building up the hype and you'll soon find out that nobody is going to be satisfied because of their expectations with all the HYPE.

Oh yeah, BTW I submitted a request to be a BETA tester...Never even got a reply...

Mensajes Wed 20 Jun 01 @ 1:45 am
I wanted to wait, but as it took to long, I'm about to buy Traktor from Native Instruments, better then Atomix, the only thing it doesn't has is the Automatic Beat Matching, wich a real dj doesn't need, so to bad for the creators of Atomix, but a waste of time for me.

Mensajes Wed 20 Jun 01 @ 1:57 pm
Yeah, but traktor has some big bugs in it.. the cue track leaks into the main.. and I haven't found a way around it.. Just be careful before you spend that much money..

Mensajes Wed 20 Jun 01 @ 8:12 pm
Here is my deal: I am just going to try whichever product comes out first... Tracktor-Mixer (as opposed to the studio product) or Atomix 2.

Tracktor DOES do beat matching (yes the current studio product DOES have bugs and does bleed) but from what I have seen the new lighter version should be a good product.

We'll have to see how the new atomix stands up to the competition...

Plus it is a race between countries at this point: The Dutch Tracktor and the French Atomix.. interesting.. Where are my American and British comrades? Busy building Windows, Office, Oracle and such I suppose... hehe...

(In case anyone didn't get it - the last paragraph was complete jest)

Mensajes Wed 20 Jun 01 @ 9:48 pm
I'd use traktor, but for a few reasons.

It's fucking cluttered and fugly!

Within two minutes of using Atomix for the first time I could mix decently.

I tried Tracktor and I couldn't even figure out how to fucking load an MP3. It's got a ridiculously crazy interface. Even Reason, with plugging in all it's insane cables and not really giving you the advantages of a real computer interfaces, is better. Tracktor look like it's trying to be a "realistic interface" but failing miserably.

Atomix is simple, just like a record player / turntable. Drag in an mp3 and adjust the tempo and go. It throws in free of charge a mixer, but you really should buy your own, it's better.
So, you're getting two better-than-1200's for $60 and a mixer for free, never mind the convenience of Audiogalaxy... it's a lot lighter on your wallet and bad tracks are free too, no more wasting.

You don't NEED a new version. If you can't mix well enough with this stuff and you demand effects to make your mix cleaner because you can't time when you're shiftting to another sopng and you can't drag the bars together, you're a fuckign numbskull. I am 17 and I can turn out a pretty much perfect mix with a simple external mixer and not much else. I'm sure that if you're any good you can do the same with the mouse.

Face it: You suck at DJing if you can't turn out a perfect mix when all the beatmatching is done for you.

Some people can't match up breakbeats and bitch that it's the program's fault. It's not the program's fault, it's YOUR fault. You are incapable or simply unknowledgeable of how to match up a house song and a break song. Work on it, you will improve. The tempo is usually correct and all you have to do is be able to tap out on the table a regular beat that goes with the breaks and you will be able to match it up.

The ABM is not perfect. It can't tell a melody. The human ear can! The ear is better! Make the two work together. Listen ahead, match up at rises in the song, use the "N" button for skip-to-next-beat to make the two songs come in line. It's simple.

Traktor gives you loops and effects and other stuff beginning DJ's don't have. Beginner DJ's usually don't have that stuff because it's expensive, but it plays another important role: they have to learn to beatmmix instead of just putting effects between songs. Anybody can lower a low-pass filter until there's only bass and fade a beat and turn it back up. IT takes skill, however, to line up beats properly on vynil.

You, with atomix, have the advantage of not needing to beatmatch yourself. So you best at least work on the melody of your mixes.

Don't depend on loops and effects to make it sound good. They can add, but not correct.

Talon Kale

Mensajes Thu 21 Jun 01 @ 3:37 am
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
Uh Talon Kale? That's a huge post of shit! Ever thought about the idea Atomix is NOT for proffesional Dj's? Personally I use Atomix to create my own mixed cd's, for example. Of course the proffesionals use turntables and things, but for me as a simple guy, all that is much to difficult. So do not botter us again with "Atomix is for dweeps who can't mix" and that kind of shit.

Mensajes Thu 21 Jun 01 @ 12:11 pm
All this messages are so stupid...
Have fun, mix, and stop crying for the new version !

Mensajes Thu 21 Jun 01 @ 1:15 pm
Well, I ain't so much crying for a new version, but as the new version contains the built-in equalizer, I really will enjoy that!!!, cause when you don't have a mixer (such as I don't have), how can you create mixes for cd then????? As it will be to loud when the 2 basses meet eachother. And their ain't no Winamp plugin for that.

Mensajes Thu 21 Jun 01 @ 2:18 pm
//So, you're getting two better-than-1200's for $60 and a mixer for free, never mind the convenience of Audiogalaxy... //

Better than 1200's... not hardly.

//You don't NEED a new version. If you can't mix well enough with this stuff and you demand effects to make your mix cleaner because you can't time when you're shiftting to another sopng and you can't drag the bars together, you're a fuckign numbskull. I am 17 and I can turn out a pretty much perfect mix with a simple external mixer and not much else.

Face it: You suck at DJing if you can't turn out a perfect mix when all the beatmatching is done for you.
//

My friend there is a difference between well anough.. and a perfect mix. Blending beats and fading into the other will only do so much... mixes are absolutely dependent on creativity, other wise you just have two songs, you've heard before, just blended together. If you really think DJing just requires beatmatching then stick to dancing... enjoy the music but leave the DJing to people who are capable.

I only wish DJing were as simple as you make it sound. But if I ever need a CD with some of my favourite songs fading in and out of each other... you'll be the first one I call.

Mensajes Thu 21 Jun 01 @ 7:27 pm
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
"Better than 1200's... not hardly."

What, you all of a sudden have some 1200's that mix for you? I'll pay a thousand for those!

"My friend there is a difference between well anough.. and a perfect mix. Blending beats and fading into the other will only do so much... mixes are absolutely dependent on creativity, other wise you just have two songs, you've heard before, just blended together."

I recognize that. Equalizer control and other stuff certainly is neccessary for the "perfect mix" in many situations.

I think the majority of you misunderstood my post.
I was trying to say what Niklas said as a retort! that Atomix is JUST A TOOL. A very capable tool, for $60, and more bang-for-the-buck than a set of turntables.
I also said that if you can't turn out a good mix with this, then you can't do it with anything.

Really, think about it... I was saying that if you can't get the fade and alignment and sound together right with a program doing the beatmatching, you wouldn't be able to do squat on a "real" DJ set where you have to keep adjusting to keep the beat in line while you mix.

My main point is that a new version of Atomix is not going to automagically give you the perfect mix. You need to have a bit of skill and patience to do this!

Niklas, please read my post next time before so quickly pounding a response. You'd find that I mostly agree with you, if not worded as best as possible. I too want the new atomix, I want to play with the effects too. But effects aren't everything.

Mensajes Thu 21 Jun 01 @ 9:30 pm
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
PEOPLE COOOL IT!!!!
Just be patient...
The wait will be worth it.

.::DJ-Nero::.
P.S. Ive only been DJin for 3friggin months, and i can mix pretty damn well WITH V1.12. The eq on all DJ proggys is helpful, but if ur sooo desperate just buy a farkin Pioneer DMX500 and their effect machine...

Another point... If you buy V2 You can buy another CDROM and u will have something probably Better then Denon 2000f MKII's..... SO SHUT UP AND WAIT!!

Mensajes Fri 22 Jun 01 @ 12:15 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Whaou ! How can I have miss this topic for all this time ???

Sorry !
Well.... You have forgotten some news I have posted more recently :)

As the author has inclued some features that we don't except for this version, Paul had to start again to design a new skin :-o

Mensajes Fri 22 Jun 01 @ 1:48 pm
yan do u have ICQ or MSN?
add me to ur list if u do..
My icq numba is 33590156
my email (for msn messenger) is ima_wog@hotmail.com

It would be interesting to meetcha..!!
peace,
.::DJ Nero::.

Mensajes Fri 22 Jun 01 @ 3:26 pm
yan do u have ICQ or MSN?
add me to ur list if u do..
My icq numba is 33590156
my email (for msn messenger) is ima_wog@hotmail.com

It would be interesting to meetcha..!!
peace,
.::DJ Nero::.

Mensajes Fri 22 Jun 01 @ 3:26 pm
What i think, is that your whole 'skin feature' sucks. I mean if the whole gfx needs to be done again for some simple added feature or maybe even fix..

I told atomixmp3 team 8 months ago to take a look at VTT which is more of modular design allowing more than 2 decks.. It's nicely skinnable too, but modular. (kinda like winamp)

Give it up guys. Do the whole thing again. and make it Right this time. Yeah and maybe if you did it in C#, it would be easier to add new stuff later. (dunno, but this is what microsoft says :P)

Mensajes Fri 22 Jun 01 @ 3:39 pm
80%