Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Mixer: Volume control question

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hi everybody,
I'm toying about the idea of buying a mixer to connect with Atomix. It would be great if I can get some cool advice from those who already experience with mixer+atomix.
Here is my config:
PIII 800MHZ, 166 RAM, 2 soundcard
Question 1: Can I control the volume through the mixer instead of using the mouse?
Question 2: Is there any other beneficial use of a mixer over the crossfader built in Atomix?
Question 3: Which mixer is good for beginner?

Thanks a bunch... you guys are a great clown

Mensajes Tue 24 Jul 01 @ 10:08 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Answer 1: Yes, you just let the volume at the maximum on Atomix, and you adjust the volume on your mixer

Answer 2: With an external mixer you can mix with another sources, you can add effetcs...

Answer 3: I have no idea for this, I have a professionnal mixer... Sorry... :))

- Dams -

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 01 @ 9:54 am
Hi,

I think any mixer with three band equalizers on each channel will satisfy you. Ask for one that cuts the different frequencies (low, mid, high) well. If you want to use it only with Atomix, you don't need any BPM counter or flashing led. A two channel mixer should be enough too. Maybe you'll need more than two channels if you want to plug a safety CD deck in case your PC crashes. But on most of the mixers, there are two stereo entries on each channel : one for CD decks, and one for turntables. The impedance is not the same, but sometimes you can switch the turntable entry into a CD deck entry. Thus, you can use more than 2 stereo entries on a two channel mixer and plug a CD deck (you'll just have to switch between phono/CD if the PC crashes).

Anyway, ask your reseller to give you some pieces of advice :)

The main benefit of using an external mixer is that you can use your two hands at the same time ! Besides, you cannot mess up like with the mouse sometimes.

Hope that helps.

Mensajes Wed 25 Jul 01 @ 10:49 am
thank you guys... I'll buy a Stanton SK2F... any advice b4 the final purchase?

Mensajes Thu 26 Jul 01 @ 4:16 am

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)