Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: We all want to know.... - Page: 1

Esta parte del tópico es antigua y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

When the release date is.

You claimed the realease date could not be told to us because of the big secret...well, now the secret is out and you have told us all about it, so I assume there is no longer any obstacle in your way as far as telling us when to expect Atomixmp3 1.2 is concerned.

I see this has been asked twice already in previous posts, but has been ignored.

Mensajes Fri 26 Oct 01 @ 11:21 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
No not ignored but we are still in discussion with Ejay and will release it after the end of the discussion not before.

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 01 @ 12:55 am
How long are these discussions likely to take?

Can I assume that since Ejay have released a beta of 1.2 that they shouldn't have, there will be arguments on both sides that may continue for some time, thereby making us wait even more?!

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 01 @ 11:25 am
i think you could be right anon :o

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 01 @ 1:07 pm
ejay products are crap, and it's very likely going to stay that way, even with atomix engine..

looking by the screenshots on their site it seem to be for aimed for kids. kids got daddys 2ghz, so they probably won't complain if it's slow and buggy.

i hope atomix will concentrate on the AtomixMP3 pro version more than fixing the bells and whistles on the ejay version.

About exactly year ago i wished that atomix adds same sort of pitch system found in Vestax PDX-2000.. I still hope i'm gonna see it in the Pro version, cause without it the program isn't pro.. The current pitch slider is a joke at the 640x480 resolution, even with accurate mouse, you just can't get it adjusted with proper accuracy, eventually song will get out of sync unless you have lucky combination of songs and the match is in the range of the current joke slider.

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 01 @ 2:36 pm
true, the songs will get out of match because ejay/atomixmp3 only let you adjust the tempo in increments of .2%... So you have to watch the display and drag the beats back on top of eachother... but if you watch your mix carefully you can keep everything in sync, especially since you get a few seconds of graph before the actual sound is played...

Mensajes Sat 27 Oct 01 @ 11:52 pm
Well if u are so "PRO" why are u mixing with atomix? use an external mixer so.
Filippo

Mensajes Sun 28 Oct 01 @ 2:10 am
Maybe because Atomix is aimed at the 'Pro' market as well as the bedroom DJ market and maybe he doesn't want to use an external mixer.

The points he raised above are very valid and sensible and ones I agree with totally, there is no need to deride him for pointing out some features of Atomix that need addressing. I am not a 'Pro' DJ, but I still agree with what he says and would like to see the alterations suggested, as they affect anybody who wants to do a decent mix with the program.

Why is constructive criticism so criticised itself?? The only way to improve something is to objectively criticise it with an aim to making it better in all ways possible. Whenever someone tries to add to making Atomix an even better program they either get ignored by the Atomix Team or abused by both the Team and users alike, why?! When someone tries to help, their efforts should be welcomed and, if possible, acted upon.

I just don't understand the logic behind having a go at people with ideas for new features. The ideas are usually very good and often given by professional users who know all about mixing and the necessary features required for doing it expertly. Try and be sensible and mature and look past your attitude, when you do this you will see the reasoning and logic behind others' suggestions instead of the hatred you spew out when confronted with the possibility of change.

It would also be a very good idea if the Atomix Team responded to such suggestions - even if only to say no, we can't/won't implement that.

What a pity so many people are ignorant and blinkered. This software could go from being very good to excellent. If more people had been assigned as beta testers and the blanket of secrecy removed from the whole upgrade scenario, then more features would have been put forward and hopefully acted upon. Instead, only a few people saw the betas and therefore only a limited range of ideas were put forward. The beta testing should not only be about bug fixing, it should allow us to see what features have been added, how they can be improved, and which ones are still lacking. Their should be far more user interaction with this software - it's the type of program that needs it.

Now I'm going to sit back and see whether I'm ignored or abused. I am sure it will be one or the other.

MiXmAsTeR

Mensajes Mon 29 Oct 01 @ 2:02 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No Mixmaster, such opinions aren´t ignored! If I could, I would let you have a look into the teams section, where any constructive critics and suggestions are listed from the team for the dev team. The dev team then adds comments if it is already or will be added soon. What we could do, there you´re right, is to write a short comment, like "is already added" or anything like this.

Mensajes Mon 29 Oct 01 @ 5:38 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Only problem I have now is that every day, I launch my e-mail program at least halfway expecting an e-mail from the Atomix team with a URL for me to finally download the next version. Now it seems that e-jay let the cat out of the bag early, and the general talk around here is that because of that (which I figured meant that we were very close) it's now going to be even longer. Statements like when discussions with e-jay are finished and not before, are not very encouraging. When the e-jay product was released I thought the long awaited Atomix upgrade was iminent. (like hours not days) Now I'm wondering if it's going to be months not weeks. UGH!
still waiting... trying to keep the faith

Rick

Mensajes Mon 29 Oct 01 @ 7:23 pm
To MY knowledgre (I haven't received any news) we are still in discussion with them.

Mensajes Mon 29 Oct 01 @ 8:13 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
But it seems to show results: I didn´t see any Mixstation (not Mixmaster :-)) commercials on their (german) site anymore.

Mensajes Mon 29 Oct 01 @ 8:26 pm
What a pity Atomix went to Ejay in the first place.

Stephane Clavel himself came on here and said that the upgrades after 1.2 would be much faster, back to every couple of months or so, after the discussions with Ejay have finished, as more time will be dedicated to CODING instead of BUSINESS DEALS. So that means we have been waiting all this time for commercial deals that don't affect us directly, to come to a finish, before we get our promised upgrade. That is not on.

Although, saying that, I think we have been effected directly by Ejay, in so far as the upgrade has been put to one side. What I meant before was that the business deal with Ejay has nothing for us, it gives us nothing and is not desirable to us in any way. It has only caused us major problems and delays and has done serious damage to the PR side of Atomix. Hopefully, all in all, you are regretting the day you dropped the customer for Ejay. Was it worth it?

The wranglings that will now be going on with Ejay, how much longer is this going to delay the already severely delayed new version? Yan stating, or rather telling us, that the new version will be released when Ejay have been nicely buttered up and NOT BEFORE doesn't help at all and only increases our low opinion of this company (I do not have a low opinion of the software however, which is very good). Oh, and don't try and throw your normal excuse in my face about it taking a long time so that we, the customers, get a perfect bug free version of the program, when your boss has already told us that the discussions with Ejay have been the principal cause of the 10+ month ongoing wait.

Which brings me to another point. When Mr. Clavel came onto this forum to post his message, he showed surprise at the messages in here and the level of emotions. Obviously he hasn't been reading these forums at all. Nice to know he takes an interest in customer feeling.

I still don't see the reason behind waiting for the discussions (arguments) with Ejay to finish before releasing the new version - Some people are going to buy from Atomix, some will buy from Ejay, it matters very little which company releases the software first, as both have different names and most people won't realise or care that Atomix is behind most. In fact, if they do find it out, they may come here and buy from Atomix, which I would suppose is preferable. Unless of course you have come to an agreement with Ejay whereby both companies have equal opportunities of selling their programs, meaning both are released on the same date, in which case I would watch out, since they have already gone behind your backs and released the beta version, so they have one over on Atomix already. Can they be trusted?

All that aside, it should not affect us. Just give your registered users what they have been promised and paid for. Enough of this charade already, we are getting bored.

MiXmAsTeR

p.s. Tell Mr. Clavel that it would be very prudent to visit these forums once in a while and see what the users have to say, as it may end up saving his fast-declining company. Clearly, from his statement, the moderators on here do not inform him of the situation in here and the opinions of the registered users.

Mensajes Mon 29 Oct 01 @ 8:57 pm
All good points... here's one more. E-jay will apparently be selling this same product for a lot less than we paid in the first place. Let me wrap my brain around that one for a while. Please release the next version... we'll all feel a lot better!!

Mensajes Tue 30 Oct 01 @ 1:17 am
I don't know if you're living in another universe MixMeister, but any president of any society has lot of others things to do than to read every day your posts.

Warning, I'm not saying it is not interessant for him, but Stephane has worked a lot this last weeks, coding during the night (even at 5:00 am) while he continued to discuss with partners the days. So he hasn't the time to read all the posts.

Mensajes Tue 30 Oct 01 @ 10:32 am
In my universe, you impudent little prat, 'presidents' of societies tend to have other people doing things rather than do everything themselves. Those people are referred to as 'STAFF', an alien concept perhaps.

I was not suggesting Mr. Clavel read every message on this forum, but rather, his so-called moderators inform him of certain messages of interest and the general feeling of users in this forum. Would that be too difficult for you?

Mensajes Tue 30 Oct 01 @ 2:46 pm
Also you may have noticed in my message that I said he obviously does not read ANY messages in this forum, that was not stipulating that he should read all, I was saying that it wouldn't hurt to drop in every now and then and have a look at things. Maybe you should read my messages more closely and not try to read between the lines, when there is nothing but blank space between each and every line. All I have to say is stated clearly in my messages, I do not need to write between the lines, Mr. Yannick.

Secondly, yet again you have focused on only one relatively unimporatant part of my message and chosen to ignore the rest, which is of much more importance and deserves a reply. If you are not going to reply to my entire message and all of it's points, then please do not bother to reply AT ALL. Especially when your reply is a futile attempt at discrediting one statement of my message.

Thirdly, put your little scissors away and do not delete these two latter messages. I know it serves your ends to do so, but the means cannot be justified.

Mensajes Tue 30 Oct 01 @ 2:52 pm
Meanwhile as we all banter back and forth picking apart each others statements, we still haven't been given any kind of indication of how soon we can anticipate the release of the vext version. C'mon people, answer that question, and all the other ones will go away! People are getting on edge because no matter how often the question is asked, or how politely the message is posted, you guys look for the negative messages to respond to. How about ignoring the negative posters, and answering the valid questions that have been asked. Face it, throughout the history of this forum, people have been able to get you to actually type out a responce by trying to goad you. Meanwhile, individuals who post polite, and patient questions get overlooked. There's only one question that everyone wants to have answered right now. Please give us an indication of how many more hours, days, or weeks, before we'll all be happy again?

Rick

Mensajes Tue 30 Oct 01 @ 11:15 pm
Ok here is an official answer one more time :)

The only reason we haven't given you a release date yet is because we don't know yet. (obvious, isn't it?)

The only thing I can tell so far is that it will take more than hours (more than days too I fear), because we still have a few beta testing to do.

Ok, I know this is not the kind of answer you were waiting for. The best I can do is to say that you will have a new version released before the end of the month. Does this make everybody happier ? And of course, you will have this version whatever happen with ejay.

Stephane C.

Mensajes Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 1:15 am
Oh man! does that ever make me happy!! Thanks for the answer! By the way, since by my calander, today is the 30th... we aren't talking about tomorrow are we? hehehe, OK, I'll assume that you meant before the end of November, and be pleased with that bit of info. Thanks for the clarification!

Rick,
back to keeping the faith

Mensajes Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 1:24 am
71%