Ingreso rápido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Tema: Guys Help!

Este tópico es antiguo y puede contener información incorrecta para la nueva versión.

Hey Guys, IM a Rookie, as far as using my PC for DJ-ing goes.
Now that I bought My very first DJ software (Atomix) After I saw this DJ using similar software at a party, I want to do the same.
Could anyone give me a list of what I need on top of Atomix? any gadgets that might go into my USB slots, how to hook my speakers to my PC, any additional sound cards I might have to install, What kind of Amp would go to my PC? Etc. Etc.
Nothing fancy my music is already doing that job fine, but affordable.
I don’t DJ for a living just for fun probably 5 times a year and my crown is never more than 100-200 people. for five to six hours of play.
Usually I rent my equipment and they cost me a lot. If I do this, it will be a lot cheaper since my music is mostly in CDs.
I Have HP 7935 with 1.3Ghz AMD processors, 128MB of memory
40GB of hard drive. Windows XP O.S.
P.S. IM not Computer Freak so details would be appreciated a lot.
Thanks in Advance.

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 9:47 pm
I forgot to mention one thing....I do use Via Audio (Wave) for sound card.
Again Thanks.

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 9:52 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That's a fairly generic line of questioning. You should have 2 stereo outputs on your computer, either a 2nd sound card or a 3d sound card. Those outputs should be patched to the line in of a decent external DJ Mixer. The output from the Mixer can then be patched through a sound processor, or a full banded equalizer, or both... from the eq or processor, you patch into a decent PA/DJ amplifier, from the Amp patch out to a set of speakers that will fill the room with sound. I'm told that a decent set of comercial line 12" 3 ways will do the trick, personally I have 2 sets, one is 15" 3 ways, the other is 15" 2 ways with a full range horn. You should narrow your margins down a bit by asking about these components one at a time. You might want to spend some quality time in a full service musical equipment store asking more questions as you get closer to making a purchase. There's a half a chance that you can get some guidance from the place where you already rent equipment. If you're only doing it a few times a year, you might be able to get away with some of the lower end components, but by and large I've found that the cheap stuff is mostly crap.

Good Luck man!

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 10:11 pm
i am a beginner too just a small question between: is a sound processor really necesairy??? i have seen the sound processor of mixmeister pro (ok it is digital but it should do the same), and i didn't hear that much improvement, so for a beginner, couldn't the mixer go directly to the amp???
thanks and good luck to dj hebel (and sorry for posting a question in between you own post)

Mensajes Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 11:11 pm
DJ JimHome userMember since 2003
Sound processors are a matter of preference. I use a Dual Band Eq to help tame feedback. And a Sonic Maximizer to give flat recorded sound, a more Live Effect.

Mensajes Wed 09 Jan 02 @ 1:29 am
A compressor protects the amplifier from abnormal signals that could cause damage to it and normalizes the output.

Mensajes Wed 09 Jan 02 @ 2:01 am
Anonymous, no problem, this is the Rookie, experience, Troubled and the curious forum, anyone who would like to ask questions is more than welcome.
Impressions, DJ Jim and Damocles thanks for the input.
DJ Hebel.

Mensajes Wed 09 Jan 02 @ 4:43 pm
Impressionst, What is the point of having Atomix if I still have to have an external Mixer?
Go easy on me Bro.

Mensajes Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 7:43 am
Hi guys, question: which soundcard would you guys recommend? And where can I get one, on the Net?

Mensajes Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 8:32 am
Uh! One more question: It seems to me that once I do Install the soundcard and Buy speakers the speaker cable becomes an issue, so help me with equipments that can go together and where to find them on the Net.
By The way this DJ Hebel who is being too lazy to log on :-)
Thanks.

Mensajes Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 8:36 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
In reality, I suppose it'd be possible to run your Computer audio outputs straight into an Amplifier. That just doesn't seem to me like a real smart thing to do. (I'm not sure why) Honestly, I've never tried it. Never even thought about it until you asked. I'd never do it. I run my 2 audio outputs into 2 seperate line inputs on the mixer, plug my headphones into the mixer. This just seems to me to be the right way to do it. If you want to run your computer straight to the amp, I'll never stop you. This doesn't seem like a real helpful answer I know, but I'm only familiar with the way I do it.

Good Luck
Rick

Mensajes Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 1:39 pm
I think I understand and thanks.
What soundcards and mixers would you recommend. IM think of Creative sound blasters the platnum kind with the 24-bit, I havent look into mixers yet....This is lots of work ya know?

Mensajes Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 7:08 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Mensajes Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 10:46 pm
Mama Yar a Queen....Thanks I'll look into it.

Mensajes Fri 11 Jan 02 @ 1:11 am
yeah man i agree with u mama thnx 4 helpful answers

Mensajes Sun 27 Jan 02 @ 10:00 pm

(Los tópicos y foros antiguos son automáticamente cerrados)